• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

No bubbles in bubble counter

AlexH

Hi guys

Just got my co2 setup going.

Below is how ive set things up:

Co2 FE > single stage reg > No Return valve > JBL Bubble Counter > No return valve > Inline atomizer

Ive opened the CO2 on fE and the reg has picked up the pressure.

My reg is single stage and i can control its pressure output. i bought it from a friendly chap on this forum - im unfortunately too impatient to wait for a reply hence why im making a post for ideas.

I opened FE, set the pressure to 3 Bar and opened the needle bar. at first the bubble counter went a little crazy so i closed it. now im in the situation were my output pressure keeps dropping for no reason, unexplained, and there are no bubbles coming through the counter.

The Check valves are in the right direction.

I cant tell if the atomizer is working because ive just changed the water on the tank (90%) and there are air bubbles everywhere!

So...

Any ideas :(?

Im scared to leave the solenoid open atm in my absence. i dont want to risk anything going wrong and the FE exploding!

Many thanks
Alex

Firstly, don't worry about the FE exploding. Most problems i've ever had with my Co2 have been due to leaks. Bubble counters seem to be the common problem, so I now use the cheap fluval bubble counter on all my tanks, as it's bullet proof. Check all your connections.

Ah right thanks. ill note that

And would a leak explain the drop in output pressure and why no bubbles are coming through the counter?

Okay so..

By way of an update.

I did a foam test. turns out there was a leak at one of the pressure gauges which was quickly corrected when i tightened it and also at the precision needle - albeit very very minor. thats also corrected.

All else seems to be okay. i do hear a hissing in the jbl bubble counter but i assume thats fine given i couldnt find a leak? i had to put my ear on the device to hear it.

I ran it and then turned off the solenoid, i let the bubbles run down and turned it back on again. when i did this there was a rushing sound of bubbles from the counter which calmed back down.

I think im running around 1-2 BPS

Would someone kindly confirm if my bubble counter experiance after turning the solenoid off and back on is normal? thanks!

I have my output set to 3 bar.

My precision valve is completely open... but i dont know how to calculate BPS. i know its ridiculous but as im counting im thinking "this cant be right" as i think i have around 2 Bps but surely on 3 bar output there should be more?

Now ive set it to slightly more to get a faster BPS.

My drop checker... i think i may have added too much of the solution.. does it have an impact?

I think i have a flow problem as its still a blue colour... there are loads of bubbles swirling everywhere... just not on the end of the tank with the checker.

2vaxq39.jpg

This is from the outflow pipe - plenty of bubbles.

30989170942_7f75aa6c43_b.jpg

This is a wide angle of the tank - you can see the drop checker to the left.

31018297461_7427398b22_b.jpg

This is the drop checker... that photo i feel is a little deceptive as it looks dark green, but in fact it appears as blue under my tank lighting. I'm not sure why its shown that way in the photo..

Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

Back