• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants ABC

AHJAK

It's been a whole year since I didn't write anything in this forum. My good friend Ivan Lugović constantly urges me to write something, so I finally decided to open a topic with a new aquarium.
Last year was quite successful for me, and on last IAPLC I achieved a very good result - 194th place. Here is the final image of my scape:
26430003813_459853520e_o.jpg

(Still waiting for the results of AGA and EAPLC)
And I did the first time a video of my setup:

As my last setup was quite challenging to maintain, I decided to get some rest with an plants aquarium (I love plants) that gradually I will transform into Dutch scape. Of course, Pedro inspired me a lot with his last Dutch scape.
And so, in cooperation with Hortilab I started a new adventure...

Here are the technical data of my aquarium:
Aquarium: 90x45x45 optiwhite glas DIY
Filter: JBL CristalProfi e1501 greenline
Lighting: ATI SunPower T5 4x39W
CO2 from the bottle + JBL ProFlora Direct atomizer
Substrate: JBL AquaBasis plus approximately 7L and 20L JBL Manado
27453128133_376b38a463_o.jpg

Hortilab plants:
27787246270_f8bb31aa58_o.jpg

and after planting:
27634247503_6c305e67af_o.jpg

Last edited:
List of plants:
1. Limnophila hippuroides
2. Myriophyllum tuberculatum
3. Pogostemon Ersctus
4. Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
5. Littorella uniflora
6. Echinodorus tenellus
7. Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Brown',
8. Lysimachia nummularia
9. Rotala Macrandra
10. Pogostemon helferi
11. Lobelia cardinalis ''mini'
12. Ludwiga super red 'mini'
Maybe a little bit too much
EI fertilization in ratio N:p:K=10:2,2:20, double dose of Easylife Profito and Ferro
Photoperiod 8hrs with 2 lamps, and 7,5hrs with all 4 lamps

Thank you guys!
T5 bulb are (from front to back):
Narva Bio vital
JBL Ultra Natur
Narva Bio vital
Sylvania Grolux
Jbl atomizer? hmmm...it's good, but could be better. UpAqua has much smaller bubbles...

So beautiful!

I just love Limnophila hippuroides, one of my favourites as the colour progressively changes near the light source, how do you find the growth at the bottom I always lose the leaves even though the plant grows very well, any tips or tricks, or is it a case of topping and replanting constantly

Oh, so great tank, pleasing to eyes. I've been watching it on flickr for some months now.

Interesting about "Myriophyllum tuberculatum" you posted picture above. Once I had tuberculatum and I expect yours to be much much redder. Don't get me wrong but your plant looks much more like Myriophyllum sp. Roraima which is very easy plant, but tuberculatum is very hard to grow AFAIK. Have you ever kept such plant from other source before?

Anyway, I don't want to start ID flame war, your plants are great and the whole setup is lovely. Names are not such important for me.

Just watched your video about Estuary scape. What a great scape and very high ranking, congratulations!

I can imagine why it was difficult to maintain it: to keep white sand clean and prevent small gravel to mix with sand. Also, I always have problems to keep rocks clean. Your tank is top.

Back