• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

12MM Stainless pipe

any update on this?

I'm wanting to do a cheapo ada solar light stand, but not sure if it'll be worth spending half the money, as well as my own time, to get something half as good :D

Beat you to it ;)

LIGHTSTAND.jpg

you get bonus points for having an actual solar light fixture! looks ace, nice job. Few questions if you don't mind:

12mm pipe? is there much (any) flex?

And were those benders £130+? holy moly

you get bonus points for having an actual solar light fixture!

Hi Rahms, thanks for the brownie points :)

The 12mm pipe has proven great for me. The weight of the fixture initially wants to make the fixture sag. With a little persuasion upon first setting up I got it perfectly perpendicular and its been perfect ever since, no flex.

And were those benders £130+? holy moly

Rather luckily I managed to get the benders second hand for a really good price, they're a must! I cant see a way of possibly bending without, the pipes incredibly tough and noticeably work hardens.

I've had a look on the green machine and can't believe the price of the ADA stand! Best of luck with the project. For reference I used stainless clamps from 'Britishpipeclamps.co.uk'.

something like this would be best for applying a brushed finish to stainless steel

That looks like it would do the job effortlessly :thumbup:

Hi guys,
Just a quick update of the pipes. They're still to be brushed but are all bent and drilled/ grooved and awaiting installation.

My tanks still in its dry start phase though so they're just resting on the glass ATM.

The journals here: [https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/lagoa-verde.43079/[/u][/url]

Im doing a few DIY bits you guys might like.

Thanks,

Danny

Rough curves.jpg

Back