• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting question

Big-george32

Seedling
Hi everyone

First post!!!! just wanted some advice :)

Due to start my first serious aquascape and I have been lucky to get a good deal on a new aquarium from someone upgrading there marine tank. So I've ended up with a reefspace 900 ready to scape. I have also gowan opportunity to pick up 2x v2 ilumenair 600 ledlight units the obesity the red leds. I believe there around 80/90 Wats each would these be ok to use given that I can adjust all there parameters to suit a planted aquarium? Would I only need one? I'm can get them for a steal so want to check

Thanks for any help

If it's a dedicated high end marine set-up, you'd probably get more money selling used; and have more than enough for a brand new planted set-up.

Marine set-ups tend to be vastly more expensive than planted set-ups, unless you go ADA etc

Sorry didnt think of that.The tank is Reefspace 900 - 900 (L) x 500 (H) x 500 mm (W)

The sump is - 812 (L) x 355 (H) x 406mm (W)

I will be looking at a co2 setup aswell

Now the info on the lights I'm finding online is abit mixed as online it doesn't give info on the red leds yet the box in the store states it does and seeing the units they definitely had red on them but below is what I have found.

1 V2 iLumen Air 600
1 x 35WWhite (6500K) diode, 12 x 3W Royal Blue (465nm).
80W.

However I'm not sure if this is a newer version or old info but they 100 % have red leds aswell but I can't find the details. But my thinking is adjust the levels with the controller to make them suit a planted setup would that work?

Don't know about the lighting, but you should know that with a sump there is a loss of CO2

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Sounds like a nice tank!
Have you found a good source of C02 refills?
I use a sump on my tank, they work well but as Eduard points out there are some draw backs.
I have a DIY LED unit above my tank using household GU10 bulbs but lighting was far more simple when we all used fluorescent tubes!
Lighting is important but... it is Oh so easy to over power!!
Adjustable lighting is obviously a benefit.

The v2 luminaire is a marine led set up by tmc, similar to the maxspect razer. Will be overkill on a planted tank IMO. Your looking at 80w of led per unit. The majority of the light produced is blue for corals. Only 35w of the LED output is white 6500k. And at about £280 each a dedicated plant growth led would be cheaper I think. Have had a reefspace 900 myself for marines, nice tank.

Hi Craig the units are going cost me only £100 together and I was just looking at dialing the blue right down as I know there not necessary.

Foolish - yes I'm aware of the co2 loss so I'm looking into some solutions to try minimise it. And I'm still tracking down the best refill site near me.

Can anyome suggest an alternative led light that I can purchase that can handle plants with high light requirements that is in the £100 to £175 price range?

Back