• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arcadia vs aquarien eco

Hi guys would anyone be able to give me some guidance please? I'm looking for a 4ft led strip light.
Two lights keep appearing in the Internet searches.
1, arcadia stretch (£100)
2, aquarien eco (£55)

The aquarien eco looks like a Chinese copy of the beamswork unit and has 250+ positive reviews in amazon and half the price of the arcadia. But I have read comments on here that suggest the arcadia is a better light than the beamswork.
My tank is low tech with some fairly easy plants, I'm not a big fan of the Chinese stuff really but at half the price is it worth a punt?

Well i have both and i would stick with the stretch all day. The aquarien is a decent light but didn't run it long term since the arcadia's LED's are much better. The aquarien seemed too bright and not aesthetically pleasing plus the build quality isn't great.

If you want to save the £45 and take the risk go ahead. I sold my tank with the aquarien and kept the stretch as a backup.

Well i have both and i would stick with the stretch all day. The aquarien is a decent light but didn't run it long term since the arcadia's LED's are much better. The aquarien seemed too bright and not aesthetically pleasing plus the build quality isn't great.

If you want to save the £45 and take the risk go ahead. I sold my tank with the aquarien and kept the stretch as a backup.

when you say "too bright", what are the differences in power between the two you had?

Back