• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Freds new pond build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like it Andy. That's some size hole mate. You using a liner. Box weld or just butane. Or fibre glassing. Like the sound of the mixture of fish as well mate. I have a couple of orfs as well. Koi Rudd tench and one goldfish. Little bit of variety. Just bought three more koi. That's my last . Don t want to over stock it. I like the sound of your filter system. Best thing I did was my upper pond with plants. Already the bio is growing in there at a tremendous speed. Jesus 40foot long. Love it mate. The fish will enjoy that size. How are you keeping the fish while your building. In a vat tank. Or are they in your old pond. And building a new pond. Like the sound of the build mate. All the best Fred.

three new additions a little more exsensive then i normally pay out israili koi
three beautiful koi also my mate is giving me an agasi looks similar to the gin rin gashiki

9 inch doitsu hariwake lovely fish
upload_2016-8-5_19-11-49.png

10 inch kin kuajaku
upload_2016-8-5_19-14-49.png

my favourite fish 11 inch gin rin gashiki
upload_2016-8-5_19-16-6.png

these should be delivered on Tuesday
hope you like them i certainly do all the best fred

Yeah hogan. Taking a chance really. I have gone up in price to what I usually pay.
Reason there a little better quality. Also there a lot larger then what I normally aquire.
I normally get them at 3 to four inches. These are 9 10. And 11 inches in size. So pay a bit more
For size. I normally like to see them grow from 4 inch. But as you see in the earlier thread. I have already bought some at this size. Reason taking chance is because it's still a relatively new pond. So your parameters can spike up and down for a couple of years. But I am getting there. All the best Fred

Stunning new fish :D

though really like them all - you've done a fantastic pond build & journal

Weekly photo updates would suit me fine ;)
- I've no doubt there's always something happening!

Thanks alto Yeah slowing up now mate. The summer house has just been bought. So there is still that to add to the build yet.
Still more to come. Then it will be more like monthly mate. All the best fred

this is the summer house we have decided on. and the shed to match. where having five feet verandahs added so they will be larger then what is in the photos. these get fitted on the 3rd of September with hot tub and electrician is booked as well . i like my wife s taste. hope you do.

summer house and hot tub in this

upload_2016-8-21_17-58-20.png

upload_2016-8-21_17-59-49.png

i lost a couple of little fish down my bottom drain and they ended up in my drum. so when i get home i will have to go for a
swim and have a look to see how wide the gap is. it should only be an inch. if it is that. i will only be buying 8 inch fish and upwards.
which is a little more expensive. i was not there when the builders put the air dome in place. so have to have a look. also lost one to new pond syndrome
i expected that though. in fact i thought i would have lost a few more. but touch wood i am slowly getting it matured up. with the Bio side
gutted mind you. he was 10 years old. best fred

Summer house and shed has been a nightmare. Supposed to be delivered and fitted yesterday.
After sitting in all day a no show. After ringing them up delivery was for 10.00 am this morning
There they where bang on time all the way from Bradford. When they looked at my back passageway.
They could not get it down there.
We agreed after measuring doors and passageways that it would be cut to size. To get down the passageway.
So back to Bradford it went. To be cut to size. Nightmare. So don t know when it is happening now.
Some secretary forgot to add cut to fit down passageway.

Also I have lost four fish. In the last eight days. Trying to eliminate what has happened.
All my water parameters are spot on. So it ain't the water. I think there either trying to go down the bottom drain.
After food. Or trying to get in the skimmer box. And ripping themselves. Because they have ripped scales and skin.
My mate is coming tomorrow. To do mucus scrapes. And put it under microscope. To eliminate. Infections.
I believe it s my skimmer cage at the front to stop them getting in the skimmer. For I was watching them last night and there ramming the front. And trying to squeeze in through the holes in the front.

I have now removed the grill at front. And have now put a grill over the pipe in the box. So they don t get sucked down. So they will be able to go in the skimmer box now for the food and bio they are hunting for. That will be another elimination of the sheet so to speak. All the best Fred

i have nt got a clue marcel bet you have done your home work you smart man you.. tell us. i suppose i could google it.
these are Israeli koi. but in the Japanese world. i believe they are to do with the mixture of colours. and cross breeding
(the kikokuryu itself means sky dragon)
Doitsu means a scaleless karp that was imported from Japan to Germany.Fish which have random exaggerated scales strewn about their bodies

Yamato Nishiki are the metallic version of the Sanke. Their patterns are judged the same way that the regular Sanke are. Yamato Nishiki are created by breeding regular Sanke with Platinum Ogon.

The doitsu Asagi is called Shusui, which means 'autumn water',
Shusui are the mostly scaless version of the Asagi. There is usually one row of dark scales on top and one row along the lateral line. Check all over the Shusui before you buy it to make sure that it has a complete row of scales. Also, make that they are straight and do not distort the look of the Koi.

hope this helps i googled it all the best fred

Thanks for the little tour Fred. :) I was just wondering, always kinda like those Japanese names for things.. I do not know why as a kid i already was a huge Shogun fan.
Only for the japanese expressions and intonations.. It has something mysterious to it, something magical.. Can't help it everytime i see something beautifull from Japan i have to say to myself.. VERY GOOD!! A la Hattori Hanzo.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back