• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Unable to maintain 1b/s

Ludford

Seedling
I've recently purchased a 2KG FE and a Co2art regulator but for some strange reason I can't seem to hold 1b/s

I can either choose too many bubbles /s or no bubbles /s

Any idea what's going on?

Sometimes the needle valves on the regulators just aren't that accurate. I have one that I purchased 2nd hand which is a bit feast and famine, I ended up buying a separate needle valve which seemed to have a bit more precision and just left the needle valve that was built into the regulator fully open. Understandably the one you have just bought should give you enough control over the injection rate. Which model do you have and has anybody else experienced similar issues with model. In my case I got what I paid for. Out of curiosity what are you using to diffuse the co2? I find with the bazooka style high pressure atomisers that the bubble rate can go up and down.

I had uncontrollable and unrepeatable bubble counts when I used too much CO2 tubing between all the bits of equipment (and leaks). Cutting it down to optimal length regain controllable and repeatable bubble counts.

Also if your CO2 tubing is optimal then you have a leak. If not you have a leak and if not that you have a leak. Get the idea. I have had leaks from all types of places, that I wouldn't have expected. You need to dunk your bubble counter and one way valve in a bucket of water and wiggle pipes to check and use fairy liquid water on all FE & other joints, you will be surprised. Last leak was from the O ring around my bubble counter, very small leak but enough to stop drop checker being green at lights on.

Be sure you havent overfilled your bubble counter (especially if using oil), as the back pressure can cause the issue you're experiencing too. But, I think as Ian has stressed...that it's probably a leak.

My co2art regulator has now started making an incredibly loud buzzing noise.

The co2art website says that I need to remove the regulator and clean it. OBVIOUSLY I don't want to do this as I will lose all my Co2.

Is there a quick way of making it shut up?

Uncontrollable bubbles points to a leak as it's a pressurised system with a controlled 'leak' at the diffuser only.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

It is useless to try to set a certain bubble rate. Besides, 1 bps is like injecting no CO2. Better use EasyCarbo or Excel, instead if the tank is small. Unless the bubble size is like about 5 mm radius... Better use a cheap pH meter and aim for a 1 unit pH drop before and after CO2 injection. Don´t bother about bps. To achieve that you will be unable to count the bubbles and the difference in having 6 or 7 bps will just be a 0.05 pH unit at most, so again, do not overthink this.

Last edited:
Thanks for the top Hogan, I'm quite new to Co2.

I was able to dissemble the solenoid while it was still on the FE after closing the handle and discharging any co2 left in the regulator.

Problem is it's still making a really loud buzzing sound.

The buzzing could be the spring rattling. You can remove that easily to check once the solenoid is closed. I'd try to stretch it slightly so it's a bit stronger and see if that cures the rattle.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Back