• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

C02 TERROR!!

ndrj1

Hello all,

I think the time has come to change the canister on my sodastream co2 set up... I have regulator from co2art with their special sodastream regulator.

I've been noticing the pressure dropping gradually over the past week and now I see the dials read as per the picture. No bubbles are appearing anymore which leaves me to think the canister is empty, although I am TERRIFIED of removing the regulator in case the thing EXPLODES in my face. Could any of you chip in with a little of your expertise so that I can change the canister over without a) skinning myself alive or b) ensuring it is fully empty (and safe) before doing so.

I don't believe I'm the only person in this forum who has the CANISTER PHOBIA.... I would literally PAY for someone to do it for me to avoid the HISS of escaping co2 which strikes the fear into my very being :(

Please help!

John

Attachments

• IMG_20160612_091016593.jpg
    IMG_20160612_091016593.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 145
Plug the solenoid in so it's open then open the needle valve all the way, if you don't get any CO2 bubbles then the bottle is definitely empty.

However, a small amount of pressure may remain, but nothing that's going to do any damage. Unplug the solenoid, and unscrew the regulator slowly, you might hear a 'hiss' similar to when you open a bottle of coke.

As a precaution whenever you change the regulators on these bottles, do not hold onto the bottle with your bare hand. When gas rapidly escapes, it makes the bottle go very cold, enough to give you frostbite. And keep your face away from it obviously.

It's always a little unnerving the first time you do this, but that fear soon goes away.

Back