• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Emersed Plant List & Info

GotCrabs

Seeing I'm in the beginning stages of doing a small DSM Iwagumi tank, I thought I'd set up an emersed container next to the tank under the same lighting seeing the light is roughly 30cm larger than the tank, so more than enough for both.

I'm after some info as well as plants that could be used in a scape such as this below.

BY1_zpshupg0p1q.jpg

I'm currently looking at using the following if I can get feedback on these:

Ludwigia glandulosa
Alternanthera reineckii 'mini'
Hygrophila corymbosa
Staurogyne repens
Bacopa caroliniana
Hydrocotyle tripartita 'japan'
Glossostigma elatinoides
Micranthemum 'monte carlo'
Hygrophila lancea

So, can these all be kept in a small container/bowl with the substrate (ADA Amazonia) kept wet/moist at all times and still grow?

Thanks.

Yes....all are able to be grown in terrestrial conditions. ..you must keep the humidity up though...or they will wilt on the leaf edges!
Does take a while to get them accustomed to normal outside conditions. ..but it's possible!
Monte Carlo don't mind very wet conditions!
Hydrocotyle sp japan...will grow easily!
Luwigia usally do well!
Bacopa should do well!
Hygrophila need to be keep misted.... but will grow okay outside a enclosed set-up!
The others can be a tad more difficult. ...I think they need lots of light!
Cheers hoggie

Excellent, thanks @zozo, appreciate it.

Got the ADA Amazonia and Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' today, will start with the small Iwagumi tank and then go from there on to a small planted container.

Back