• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Smallest hob hang on filter!

why not make one, like the ones i have over the years. using a small powerhead and clip lock storage box. and some piping.
It is alot easier than you think and you can use a hot glue gun to make the seals.

Hi
Not worth the hassle!
Plus the Mrs wouldn't be happy with the look...next to the bed!
There is a few small ones ebay but I would like it even smaller!
Cheers

Hi
Not worth the hassle!
Plus the Mrs wouldn't be happy with the look...next to the bed!
There is a few small ones ebay but I would like it even smaller!
Cheers

I have to same one as Gills first ebay link and Neils ebay link on a 25 liter tank.. Pretty quiet little filter, only needs some soft padding at the glass edge where it hangs and at the little standoff knob at the bottom to make it even more sillent. Or else the pump vibration will pass through the glass and hum a little, i guess every hob does, so just pad it with anything soft. I used a leftover strip of tank underlay foam for that. Very easy and cheap little HOB running like a charm. :)

Before i used that little hob i did a DIY canister filter which was very sufficient on a small 12 volt waterpump. If you only have 8 liters to push you can go even smaller then this but construction i sthe same. You choose the tube diameter or lenght, easy as that. Anway this is made from 50mm pvc tube with 10mm hose connectors glued in it.

The pump is 12 volt 240 liter p/h but there are also 6 volt or 9 volt pumps around with less flow.. Even better would be a DC pump wich can be regulated in voltage from 6 to 12 volt and use a litle $2 pwm voltage regulator to addjust the speed.
20150901_110625.jpg

20150901_110209.jpg

Put the tank on a little sweet pink cabinet and the pump and filter in it to please the misses and DIY always makes them proud of you if it works.. And it does. ;) Win Win and a big kiss..

Last edited:
Back