• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help with soleniod

It looks to me like the gauge at the top is the cylinder pressure one. You don't need to do anything to keep this at 50. This should read 0 when not connected to a cylinder and then 50-70 (bar) when connected. when it starts to drop then the cylinder is starting to get near empty.

What you are aiming at is to get the smaller dial with the little red marking to the top of the red marking. They seem to be helping you out here by clearly marking where they suggest the ideal output flow would be although it looks like 20 psi which equates to 1.3 bar. This should be OK as long as it is right on the top of the red marking.

It then looks like the valve knob to open/close the regulator is on the rear of the regulator. this should be the one that makes the output flow gauge lift from 0 to the 50 you are seeing at the moment. Try to turn it and see if it will reduce the smaller gauge from 50 down to the top line of the red (or just above) If not then they have preset it to hit 50 and therefore you will have to try and adjust the rate with the needle valve.

The final knob where the airline connects is the needle valve which you will use to fine tune the '20psi' up or down slightly and get your desired injection rate.

Hope this helps

AC

the bit on the rear is the bit that screws onto the FE. the only bit i can turn is the bit you see in the bottom left pic. but im pretty sure that just lets the co2 escape and as it is not connected up at the mo, its just that attached to the FE, so i dont want to waste gas, this is why im confused, there isnt anything else i can turn.

EDIT: after having a quick fiddle, when i turn that little knob to allow some air to escape the needle drops into the 'red' zone. so does that mean when i set it up it will be fine?
i only let the co2 that was in the valve out and it droped that far, i didnt squeeze the handles. so what shall i do? do i install it like this and just see what colour the DC goes?

If the pressure in the smaller gauge has a reading as soon as you connect the extinguisher/cannister then they have already pre set it to an output flow which is fine. Then all you need to do is unscrew the other knob which is the needle valve to adjust to the desired bubble rate. this of course would be after you've connected it all up.

Many of these kits are preset which works fine.

Was the solenoid plugged in when you turned the knob? If not I can't understand how the solenoid works as it should stop gas from being discharged when not turned on!!!

If it was then the whole unit seems to be working OK. When you release air out of the needle valve then the pressure on the smaller gauge should drop. When the gas can't escape then the pressure is much higher, once it can flow then pressure reduces a certain amount.

AC

i sorted it!!!! it works fine now so im happy, lets try and see the results in a week or 2.

I have this reg and overall its very well made. silent solinoid and solid connectors. it does only have needle valve control which is stiff but smooth when moving so easy to micro adjust.

Back