• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cleaning Pollen Type Diffusers

tubamanandy

Can you ever really successfully clean a pollen type diffuser ?

I soak mine for ages in a thin bleach solution but they never seem as good as when you first get them - I usually end up ordering several on Ebay :-

Any tips or does anyone agree ?

Use thicker bleach. Watering it down only makes it take longer.

It's a mystery to me too. All I can say is don't try to work a toothbrush into one in order to give it a scrub because it only ends in tears. I managed to crack an ADA pollen diffuser this way. Luckily it was second hand (and was very mucky) and practically free, but still, my heart cried out and my brain kicked itself for days. Lesson learnt big time on that one.

Everyone breaks their first diffuser, or any glassware for that matter. You have to be so delicate with the stuff.

Everyone breaks their first diffuser, or any glassware for that matter. You have to be so delicate with the stuff

I don´t. ;)
I have a ADA Pollen Beetle 40 mm difuser and i clean it in 5 minutes or less.
I Just put the guy for 5 minutes in bleach. After i put it on a cup with fresh and clean water, put my mouth on the Co2 tube and with the difuser beneath the water i suck and the water passes through the stone till the chamber is only with air. Repeat this one more or two times ... Et voilá! Brand New!

Of course that if you´re talking about difusers bought on ebay from any other brand than ADA or Do!Aqua you´ll never get the white that was on new. It is regarded to the stone quality or material it´s done. You really dont´expect a 10 or 20 pound difuser to have a quality stone.

Or if you don´t clean it every single or couple of weeks, some stains will remain forever no matter how long you have it under bleach. Occurs to me also with others brands like, Blau, Aquaeden, Rhinox, and one more that i can´t recall now.

Best regards

put my mouth on the Co2 tube and with the difuser beneath the water i suck and the water passes through the stone till the chamber is only with air. Repeat this one more or two times ... Et voilá! Brand New!

Where dose the water go?

Just spit it ! It´s not a 24 year old Bushmills eh eh :)

Use delicate bleach and you won´t notice a thing.

Back