• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bubble counter leaking through built in check valve

Paul195

Hi all

I've got a CO2Art bubble counter which is attached to a 2way splitter as shown in photo. The water is leaking out the bottom where it screws onto the splitter (I have an o-ring fitted), so I assume it is leaking through the built in check valve. No gas has been put through the bubble counter yet. I have unscrewed it and left it sitting for a while and it has only lost a drop or two...?

I was thinking about using PTFE tape, but if water is leaking through the check valve then it could get to solenoid and reg.

bubble_counter.jpg

I do have a couple of SMC check valves like in photo below but I cant use them with these bubble counters without an adapter. If it turns out the check valves in the counters are unreliable, I might have to get the right adapters to enable me to fit these between splitter and bubble counter.

IMG_20160507_132332.jpg

Anybody experienced similar problems?

Paul

Last edited:
Those bubble counter check valves are unreliable.. I've had a few failures from ebay bubble counters but never a leak as you describe. At least with this issue, you can see it. My issues were invisible and required elimination of each part as the problem..

Hi
I would contact Co2Art explaining your bubble counter is leaking water!
support@co2art.co.uk
Miroslav...always likes to see his costumers happy with their services!
Cheers
hoggie

Back