• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Starting point Wabi-Kusa

Love it. I have to admit my first attempt to WK was completely a failure. It dries out so quickly because of lack experience and high temperature. Can't do much but letting it go. Will try again when it is cooler this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love it. I have to admit my first attempt to WK was completely a failure. It dries out so quickly because of lack experience and high temperature. Can't do much but letting it go. Will try again when it is cooler this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi AnhBui, Sorry to hear that. If you do one in a glass container and keep the substrate moist and mist spray each day It should be ok even in high temps. So long as its not in direct sun light ;)

Roy
I think it would be great if you could do a teaching thread
Find a cheap container in a nationwide store that we all could buy plus a list of stuff needed ideally the cheapest so everyone could set the same Project and see how we all get on

Regards
Dean

Roy
I think it would be great if you could do a teaching thread
Find a cheap container in a nationwide store that we all could buy plus a list of stuff needed ideally the cheapest so everyone could set the same Project and see how we all get on

Regards
Dean

Hi Dean, Good idea :cool: For the container you could use a small Pyrex bowl there sold everywhere.
Plants could be a problem due to the cost of each plant. I Reuse my plants from old W-K to do new ones plus grow my own plants from off cuts to keep the costs down.
also the substrate is old stuff again to keep the cost down. We could use garden compost that's quite cheap.

Another problem I grow my W-K in an old 90cm and 60cm fish tank to keep the humidity up and lights are on 16 hours a day. Although its coming up to summer now so warm enough to have a W-K growing at room temp would be ok but then its the lighting not everyone will have the same light units.

I am sure we could sort something out ;)

Hi Dean, Good idea :cool: For the container you could use a small Pyrex bowl there sold everywhere.
Plants could be a problem due to the cost of each plant. I Reuse my plants from old W-K to do new ones plus grow my own plants from off cuts to keep the costs down.
also the substrate is old stuff again to keep the cost down. We could use garden compost that's quite cheap.

Another problem I grow my W-K in an old 90cm and 60cm fish tank to keep the humidity up and lights are on 16 hours a day. Although its coming up to summer now so warm enough to have a W-K growing at room temp would be ok but then its the lighting not everyone will have the same light units.

I am sure we could sort something out ;)

Sounds like a plan

Yes either use sunlight or maybe one of the 3watt LED lamps from IKEA

Maybe if the soil and ferts are all the same but plants and lighting could differ so we can see what works the best

Sounds like a plan

Yes either use sunlight or maybe one of the 3watt LED lamps from IKEA

Maybe if the soil and ferts are all the same but plants and lighting could differ so we can see what works the best

Will do a new thread for your idea soon, There,s a cheaper light than the Ikea one and 6500 k Matt another member told me about it will post up the link when I find it :D

Will do a new thread for your idea soon, There,s a cheaper light than the Ikea one and 6500 k Matt another member told me about it will post up the link when I find it :D

Have you found the link for the light !

Back