• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I don't understand why my bubble rate is changing

I have to admit that I have lost a lot of diffusion from it before and running a hose cleaner / pipe cleaner through it did resolve that. They go gunk up in the same way as the hoses do, so you may be correct

I have to admit that I have lost a lot of diffusion from it before and running a hose cleaner / pipe cleaner through it did resolve that. They go gunk up in the same way as the hoses do, so you may be correct

Yeah I need to clean the hoses again.

Though wouldn't using a hose cleaner in a diffuser damage the ceramic?

In fact how do clean these inlines where you can't remove the disk

Indeed.....obviously the regulat
ive got the same inline diffuser and top quality co2 art regs, 2 things with mine:

- it fills with water when the co2 is off, then pushes the water out as soon as the co2 comes on, not a problem
- if i put a 2kg fire extinguisher on it i get a poor bubble count, but if i put a 3kg proper cylinder on it i get a good bubble count...

Insert a check valve just before the diffuser this will stop most of the water returning into the chamber!
Cheers hoggie

I'm having a similar issue with my new FE setup. I can't seem to set the bubble rate to 1b/s.

It can hold 2b/s fine, but when I reduce to 1b/s after a few seconds the bubble rate gets slower and slower till it stops all together.

I'm using an in tank diffuser and I never had this issue with my DIY citric acid and baking soda setup.

How long are you interconnecting CO2 lines ?

When I first set my CO2 system up I connected FE/regulator to bubble counter with "correct length" of CO2 tube, then output of bubble counter to one way valve with a short length and one way valve to inline diffuser with all the left over of 3m of CO2 tube.

I was unable to set a reliable CO2 bubble rate. Either too fast or just stopped or was completely variable over time period of a couple of minutes.

The cause is the super long length of CO2 tube. It pressurises slowly, limited via needle valve, then diffuser seems to suddenly let it depressurise in a burst of CO2 mist, followed by pressurisation cycle again.

Cutting the CO2 line to "correct lengths" ie no too much access and suddenly bubble count is now 100% controllable from 0.1bps to well far to fast to count and completely repeatable when CO2 come on every day.

Back