• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

thinking of switching to UP inline diffuser

I have had two of these fail on me, cracks in the chamber from the pressure. Buy from Co2 Art as they have replaced it twice without any drama, they're a great site.

UP inline are great when you get a good one.
IME the reliability of them is random.
I've had one for years.
Others have failed,straight out of the box,or after a short period of time.
IME

wow really. maybe i should try co2 supermarket since i havent had any issues with them yet

The one I used on my previous filter was pretty reliable (12/16mm), it lasted three years before I got another one. Fingers crossed the 16/22mm one I have now is as reliable.

I think having two is the way to go. If it starts to get clogged, I swap it out with the other and give it a long bleach soak. Not to mention you have a spare handy in case of emergency.

Get the old design, sturdy as a rock and cleaning isn't a problem. The new design has a couple of issues, the co2 nipple snaps off, (CO2 sent an adaptor free of charge). The chamber is weak and will leak after a while. This happened on both of new design diffusers I bought.

I am also already on my third up after about 6 months. Can't say I am impressed. I bought a Jbl to test once this one decides to fail

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Get the old design, sturdy as a rock and cleaning isn't a problem. The new design has a couple of issues, the co2 nipple snaps off, (CO2 sent an adaptor free of charge). The chamber is weak and will leak after a while. This happened on both of new design diffusers I bought.

I would agree with EnderUK, get the old style. I would also buy from CO2Art based on how good they have been when things went wrong for me with some CO2 equipment. The newer design worked for a while, but eventually, as EnderUK says, the chamber leaked. I could not even detect that leak, but when I returned everything including regulator, bubble counter, atomiser etc they dumped it in a bucket and it was actually the atomiser chamber that was leaking. You could only see it when the whole thing was submerged. The CO2 issues I had were a nightmare. CO2Art replaced it with another new style, plus sent me the old style as a backup. I tried to use the new style, but the hose barb just sheared off in my hand while attaching the hose! I therefore set up with the old style and since then have had really reliable CO2 delivery.

I am also already on my third up after about 6 months. Can't say I am impressed. I bought a Jbl to test once this one decides to fail

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I've had a 12/16mm JBL Inline on for a month now. Not had any leaks and it's misting well. (Touchwood) I was skeptical about them as the reviews were poor but it's since been revised.

I've had an up inline since starting my first high energy tank in around September. Although I've not had any failure issues with it in that time,I'm now looking to replace it with a proper external reactor like the sera if that tells you anything. In my experience, put it on the outflow and my tank is like a bottle of 7up,put it on my inflow and the filter just belches all the time and my tank is still like a slightly flat bottle of 7up during the time that the co2 is on. My bubble count is astronomical to get enough co2 dissolved to turn the dc lime green. It's a 50ltr scalers tank and I couldn't possibly tell you how many bps,as it's too quick to count. (Not a massive issue as co2 is not expensive really) I would overall rate the up as 'not bad',but it's now getting replaced as part of the perfecting stage of my set up. I would describe it's bethod of CO2 dissolution as inefficient. Agree with what others have said about co2 art though,the service has always been second to none, with everything I have ever bought from them. Anything ever goes wrong, and they replace with no drama.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's fine I already bought an intense in line diffuser from co2supermarket (I get more discounts with them). It's been running perfectly so far. Noticed new froth from my dwarf hair grass and mosses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back