• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydor Nano Circulation Pump-on for 24 hrs

alanchown

I have a 200L aquarium filtered by an Aquamanta 300, this supposedly turns over 1100 lph, but obviously somewhat less in the real world. Water movement in my tank is OK, but hardly spectacular. CO2 and aquasoil base.
I have ordered a Hydor Nano that turns over 900 lph to move things about a bit.

Would it be best to leave on all day or have on a timer and leave off at night?

Alan

I have my 3200l/hr Hydor on a timer. Comes on when CO2 comes on (3pm ?) and goes off at 7pm to give the fish a rest....

Up to you, you only really need the extra flow to push CO2 round fully.

I have a 1000lph Fluval CP1 and a CP2 at 1600lph on my 60(ish) litre tank, giving a turnover of around 40x.

They are on 24/7, and seem much more active; there are still slow spots they can retreat to as well, so I imagine you'd be absolutely fine to leave on all the time.

A main factor is really whether its a direct flow, or a circulation. In the past I've run tanks at 200 litres with 2000lph powerheads, some people even more so.

Well Amazon have just delivered the pump. The additional flow is not enough to require me to turn it off at night. I had visions of fish pinned against the glass, but it's just what I needed (apart from the hopelessy short flex and moulded plug which I need to cut off). Oh I also need a magnifying glass to read the instructions.

Last edited:
I must say that my fish seem somewhat livelier since I have bought the pump. The substrate also keeps cleaner as there is constant movement, so no deadspots for crap to accumulate. A good buy I think.

Back