• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60x45x40 Iwagumi tank

Day 38. Pretty close to home.
2qncbwl.jpg

Alright i think it's time ofr an update.
Did a major cleaning last night. I even cleaned out my filter. Still haven't found something i can clean my lily pipes with though..
I decided to get myself a twinstar nano. I cleaned out all algea on monday before installing it. These are changes that i've noticed after installing it:
My shrimp are much more active. They don't hide as much.. No clue why this is happening..
The protein that usually collects on top of the water is no more.
However i still get a ton of green blue algea which was what I was hoping to get rid of..
other than that, i truly hate having this radiative looking ipod hanging in my tank lol .. It is an eyesore if you ask me ..

This is taken right before cleaning last night(5 days without cleaning).
wartjd.jpg

And here it is an hour or so after i was done.
11aitti.jpg

But this is where it gets hairy.. I was a dumbass while removing the tubes from my filter. And i accidentally knocked over my Co2 bottle. This snapped my bubblecounter in half.. Meaning i will be without Co2 for 3-5 days ...
I've been sitting watching for changes when iget off work today.. Nothing messy so far, but my otocinclus are really active now! They are flying around together inspecting everything. They have been hiding constantly ever since i got them over a month ago.
2hohem9.jpg

Little bonus.
It looks rad when it runs though..
2hgtutl.jpg

Back