• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flow for my plants

Aqua Hero

So I know high flow is good for even distribution of plants. Though the whole 10x flow thing is quite extreme I can understand why.

Right now i have a Tetra tec ex800 plus for my 30 gallon tank. For months now I have been using it and my plants have been growing fine ( I have the spray bar mounted front to back, tank width is 41cm). I do get a decent sway on the plants at the front and a light gentle sway for the background plants.

Now I'm I'm gonna start using pressurised co2 and in addition to that, extra plants such as Echinodorus tellenus, Echidoras sp mini, Ammania sp Bonsai etc will be added to the tank.

My friend offered to buy me one of two choices. An ex1200 plus or a 5 kg fire extinguisher.

I want to make sure I have enough flow so that the plants get Co2 they need. But the question is do I really really need the extra flow. So far I haven't had any issues with algae or nutrient deficiencies even though the plants aren't blowing around like crazy. The spray bar is pretty long and gives an even distribution of flow.

Here is a picture of the tank now.
216530bf65599d1ccc8f5606b742a1de.jpg

I should note that I do have a betta and I'm afraid crazy flow will stress him out too much.

So should I get the filter or extinguisher

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Cheers, I was looking at some other tanks on youtube and though to myself "I could do better, just make it a bit more crisp", so I'm buying new plants to receive furbish the tank and make it look better.

Only concern was that I thought the new plants I'm getting would need more flow since I do want to make a good carpet

If you do not increase light intensity you may be OK with the filter you have.
The betta certainly would prefer zero flow.

If you do not increase light intensity you may be OK with the filter you have.
The betta certainly would prefer zero flow.
I have been observing my betta and he seems to have little to no issues with what I have now. Yesterday night after a WC I saw him swimming against it.

I bought myself a Hydor Koralia nano 900.

I have been observing my betta and he seems to have little to no issues with what I have now. Yesterday night after a WC I saw him swimming against it.

I bought myself a Hydor Koralia nano 900.

I wouldn't worry about the betta. Mine loves the flow. Filling up with a hose he always chooses to come and swim against it and the same when i had a powerful internal.

Oh I already sold him away cause he wasn't doing well with the new 2000lph wavemaker.

I got scarlet badis instead

Oh I already sold him away cause he wasn't doing well with the new 2000lph wavemaker.

I got scarlet badis instead

I'm surprised they like it

They tend to hover like puffers and gourami/betta

I was too. They swim all over the place and don't seem to be effected at all. I even see them swim against the flow, along the wall.

Back