• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P - A Brief Crack of Light

Not yet, Dantrasy.

The HCC on top of the rock needs to grow in a little bit more and the moss has to recover a little bit.
Then I'll add the details in the sand area again, add the background (perhaps frosted, perhaps black, not decided yet) and take the final shot.

Cheers!

Not yet, Dantrasy.

The HCC on top of the rock needs to grow in a little bit more and the moss has to recover a little bit.
Then I'll add the details in the sand area again, add the background (perhaps frosted, perhaps black, not decided yet) and take the final shot.

Cheers!
In my opinion frosted not black. Amazing scape. One of my favorites!

Thank you guys,

it was just only the "ugly" shot right after cutting :)

Cheers!
Christian

Adding Oxygen to the tank during lights out really makes a difference and only a few of hair algae is left.

Great looking aquascape and fantastic plants condition. Keep it going.
Can I ask what difference adding of Oxygen made? Does it really have a noticeable impact on algae? I've got some BBA and consider adding air stone myself. Cheers

Great looking aquascape and fantastic plants condition. Keep it going.
Can I ask what difference adding of Oxygen made? Does it really have a noticeable impact on algae? I've got some BBA and consider adding air stone myself. Cheers

Hi Konrad,
well I can only tell that it helped in my case. I guess adding oxygen over night has the same effect as the Twinstar, it only helps to establish "good" bacteria faster and let the tank mature. I guess...

And here is the plant list Anagorn:

1 - Rotala Colorata
2 - Blyxa Japonica
3 - Eleocharis Mini
4 - HCC
5 - Riccia Fluitans
6 - Riccardia
7 - Java Moos
8 - Bucephalandra Mini Catherine
9 - Hemianthus micranthemoides
10 - Rotala Rotundefolia

Cheers
Chris

Thanks! You've got much more plants than is visible in a quick glance.
I really like the Rotala Colorata, is this an easy plant or is it difficult to keep?
Rotala sp Colorata is one of the easier Rotala's to grow!

Well I can only tell that it helped in my case. I guess adding oxygen over night has the same effect as the Twinstar, it only helps to establish "good" bacteria faster and let the tank mature.
Thanks Chris. That's exactly what I think. Because I have a typical Iwagumi with only small amount of slow growing plants I think they just don't produce enough Oxygen during the day to keep everything (what needs Oxygen) going overnight. I may give an air pump a go to see if it will make any changes in my tank. Thanks

Hi Chris!

Uuuuhhh damn it!!! I haven't seen this layout until now. Big mistake! I like it a lot, really great shape and nice, healthy colours! I'm excited about the final shot ;)

Hey Andy!

Thank you very much! To be honest, means much to me, as you are one of the guys I'm looking up to!
Your hardscape, your natural planting style and the composition is always top notch!

Hopefully I can get the shot right, I'm always struggling with the correct lighting :D

Cheers,
Christian

Hello UKAPS,

sorry, don't have much time at the moment.
This 60P is still running. This is the status right before I changed water today, before I cleaned the sand and cut the stems in the background.

Most of the cuttings were re-planted.

I think I will give the tank 1 or 2 more weeks and then it's finally time for the final shot.

24528305739_f8d7e746eb_c.jpgOvergrown by Christian Witt, auf Flickr

The new fish are not in yet... needs to be done ;)

Cheers,
Chris

Back