• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How can I Improve more (500lts planted)

HemantKumar

Hi All

Started a tank just 3 weeks ago

water is 380 TDS

Tank Size = 60 inches in length x 24 inches in height x 21 inches in breadth

Substrate = ADA Africana

Lights = 2 x t5ho life spectrum Hagen 54w
1 x t5ho power spectrum Hagen 54w
2 x 6500k led 24 w white
1 x 3200k led 22 w warm white

Light cycle 8 hours / first 2 hours t5 ho then the led starts for 3 hours and shut /3 t5 hos are constantly on for 8 hours / light from substrate 29 inches in height

Filter = Eheim 2217 / fluval biomax / lava chips / sponge Eheim

Co2 Pressurized = 2 bps / Inline up aqua atomizer/ starts 2 hours before light and ends 1 hour before light off

16kzuac.jpg

Dosing
Twice a week just started from last week

Seachem flourish 10 ml
Seachem phosphorus 10 ml
Seachem nitrogen 10 ml

Seachem trace 15 ml just started today

Leaf zone 20 ml

problem with plants melting away

jkvmur.jpg

Lily melted only one leaf left now / new one more growing seen

qrfa6u.jpg

Anubias
new leaf comes turns yellow and pale transparent and die

15o8pxx.jpg

tenellus is melting and transparent / tonina completely melted

2lo6cg1.jpg

Frogbit

o5qohk.jpg

polysperma showing indication of trace elements so added fro today

ose7fk.jpg

what else can I do to improve Please suggest

I am afraid you are suffering from a very common problem .... too much light not enough C02.
Bear in mind many members are using 2 BPS on 60l tanks.
Just use the two T5s for now, 6 hours a day.
Get a PH pen are check how much the PH drops when the gas is on, then add more C02 until you can get near to a one point drop.
Make a full length spray bar & check the C02 is getting everywhere ......

Last edited:
You're also not dosing enough, that frogbit has some serious macro deficiency and since it has access to aerial CO2 then something else is wrong as well as your CO2 in your tank.

"Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 250 L (60 gallons) once or twice a week" That's for low tech setups, you want to be dosging the marcos 3 times a week and the traces 3 times a week. If the frogbit doesn't improve you want to up the macros even more. Seachem will end up expensive, you're better just using dry salts on a tank that big. See the tutorial section.

Foxfish & Enderuk thanks for your replies ...... will increase my bubble count and also increase the doses .....I have ordered for dry fertz will reach in a day or 2 as i know seachem will be expensive for me
will lower the lights for 6 hours per day and add a power head for circulation of co2

also want to know will lily pipe help ?

yes Nelsone sure ....but when planted I had planted 3 bulbs with 5-6 leafs now only 1 left n one growing
sadly :crazy:

After raising my bubbles on co2 added one power head 2800 l / h flow
do I need one more because this is twin flow
below is flow chart indicating top view of the tank
red indicates spraybar flow

29kv2g9.jpg

angled flow

2m7jbpt.jpg

if angled another way

2uikutd.jpg

power head should do or wave maker is needed
which of the above is looking good in all three please help

All three flow methods look poor to me. Your water movement will be fighting against each other. Should all be in the same direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just pull the bulb up out of the substrate, the roots will keep the tiger lotus anchored and it won't be choked to death.

You're spray bar isn't really do anything since you have it open end. Fluid fines the easiest path so it will just blow straight out the end and you'll only get a trickle coming out of the holes. You could put the powerhead on the right hand side put lower into the tank so it pushes the water along the bottom of the tank.. The other option would be to try and block off one of the outlets and stick a spray bar to the remaining outlet and having both spray bars running across the back pushing water to the front of the tank.

will a lily pipe help or spraybar .......I am not getting any pearling also in my aquarium

Yes I am only using 2 t5ho now
plants are melting still :(
Lily bulb pulled up
Spray bar to be made today

Just was wondering will this work

1- co2 passes through the atomizer making fine bubbles

2- passes through the outflow pipe of the canister filter and reach the inlet of the power head joint with T where the wheel of the power head further breaks the co2 bubbles down and push it from the spray bar into the tank

attaching the outlet from filter directly to the power head inlet with some plumbing fitting and pushing that force from the spraybar into the tank (diagram below ) will this work :rolleyes::crazy:

2dsk848.jpg

I think a lot of people will tell you that is a very bad idea ! ... however I love messing around with things like that, it might work & be a bit of fun to try :)
To be honest though I don't think you need to do that, you can just place the power head in the middle and face it forward.
What size is your filter?
Can you test the PH drop?

I am using 2217
Ph drop ....I have the co2 indicator green / I have a ph pen but not calibrated can you tell me a simple way to calibrate it

....you mean to say no spary bar and just the power head

will upgrade soon cant afford now after say
I think 5000 l/h is not possible can go for fluval fx6 3500l/h

Last edited:
Well you will to try with your power head, try placing it in the middle just under the spray bar.
A bigger more powerful filter is worth saving for.
I am not sure how to calibrate a PH pen without a set PH solution but it is the best way to check for a good level of C02.

Back