• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Starting point 40 cm Cube ""A touch of red""

Hi All, Things are starting to coming together Plants ready for the Cube ;)
Two new Regulators from Co2 Art.Great build and superb quality regulators:woot: One Cube the R/H Side one.And the updated version on the left for the 60cm tank :D

And a inflow pipe in acrylic clear plastic :woot: Made for me by a member of Ukaps in Mk.

Photos

009_zpsficfdieh.jpg

3d0465bf4b2e5572cc775ab095a33577_zpsdtmeryw0.jpg

Hi All, Things are starting to coming together Plants ready for the Cube ;)
Two new Regulators from Co2 Art.Great build and superb quality regulators:woot: One Cube the R/H Side one.And the updated version on the left for the 60cm tank :D

And a inflow pipe in acrylic clear plastic :woot: Made for me by a member of Ukaps in Mk.

Photos

View attachment 78542

View attachment 78543

Hey Roy,

Those regulators look great :cool: your plants will love them :)

That pipe kinda look familiar :D

When will you be planting? No pressure, but your fans are wanting :)

Cheers,
Manu

Hey Roy,

Those regulators look great :cool: your plants will love them :)

That pipe kinda look familiar :D

Cheers,
Manu

Hi mate The pipe is fantastic :cool: Thank you for that :thumbup:

I cannot wait to set this up:) As you said the regs are superb and a fab bit of kit from Co2Art :thumbup:

Shelf above the tanks and the lighting I am hoping to get done this W/end ??

Then its lights planting camera action :snaphappy::snaphappy::D

Well with those beautiful new regulators a bit pressure wont be the problem.. :D Can't wait either.. But almost weekend.. :woot:
Love to see that pipe in action..

Recently found these, that's what i would like to have that pipe with this on it..
dbs.JPG

The right hand regulator Roy? What's that little pipe screwed to it, is that a bubble counter or a flowmeter with a floating bullit to finetune the co2 flow?
Realy like to see what your up to with the light fixture.. :cool:

That is a beatiful piece of acrylic need to look into something like that for mine as the current one is made using pieces from the eheim filter outlet cut into pieces and held together with bits from the hose

I did see that video simply cannot justify buying a heat gun just for it but does look like awesome.

Well with those beautiful new regulators a bit pressure wont be the problem.. :D Can't wait either.. But almost weekend.. :woot:
Love to see that pipe in action..

Recently found these, that's what i would like to have that pipe with this on it..
View attachment 78553

The right hand regulator Roy? What's that little pipe screwed to it, is that a bubble counter or a flowmeter with a floating bullit to finetune the co2 flow?
Realy like to see what your up to with the light fixture.. :cool:

Hi Marcel Thank you they are a great bit of kit :thumbup:

The out let is really cool:rolleyes: Do they do a single outlet fixing? What size pipe does it fit?? or do the do different size's .

Yes the The tube is indeed the bubble counter it has an in built non return valve too :cool: Then you use the needle valve to control the flow of bubbles the needle valve is at the end with the little nut and plastic end ;)On the updated reg on the left its on the top and larger so easy to set and use.

Hi Cai, Your scape is looking fab mate ;) Just follow the rules ferts Co2 regular water changes and maintenance.

With the amount of research you have done:) Your scape will look stunning mate. I cannot wait to see it flooded:)

Thanks for the kind words Roy. It's far from perfect but it's enjoyable to do. More I do the better il get. I'm just waiting for a few days off to flood at as I don't want to worry whilst at graft. Next week hopefully. I definately want to use some wood In my next scape for sure. Beautiful textures. You've an eye for nature in its truest form. Not an easy task. :clap::snaphappy:

Hi Roy, the acrylic duckbill outlet i yet only found in 20/25 mm that's rather big for small nano setups of using 16 mm tube. Could use a an other piece of tube to create a reducer or heat the tubes tip and make it wider so it fits. It are 2 signle rotatable nozzles on a T. Also to be used as single nozzle without T on 22,5 mm. No idea actualy wath size your pipe is.. I've ordered 2 black versions in 16 mm and 2 in 19 mm, but in transparent acrylic i've not seen them in that size. :(
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AQUARIUM-Ac...hash=item3aa88e39d1:m:m6T8IlXotE4wjsu6-25yICA

Edit:
Oh wait!! SunSun has one in 12/16 mm (Sunsun hw-602b/hw-603b) but than you need to buy this whole set. Not a fortune, but no idea if they are for sale as single piece.. I'll keep looking. :)

(cannot justify buying a heat gun ) ????

Hmmm, depends on your skills, but it also can be done with a little cheap propane penn torch.. But since the electric heat gun appeared on the market this technique is not realy explained anymore on the net. To old fashion.. :) Doing it with a flame needs a bit more skill and care, not to burn the tube or the house down. :) That Aquarium King of DIY Joey has a video of bending acrylic sheet with a torch.. But he does it rather sloppy with a huge clumsy torch.

Last edited:
Roy, Ill bet you're as excited as I was with my new Mr. Aqua 22 gal long tank. Looks like you've really done your research. I will love to see the results.

Hi Rob, Exited yes mate like a little kid in a sweet shop :) Getting the lights sorted this W/end. So this one should be up and running before Christmas Fingers crossed :)

Back