• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

flow

fonzo

Seedling
tank 4foot x2 x2

right there was some things on flow in my tank so in the middle of sorting it just want some views. now the tank is 500l but I have substrate and rocket so about 450l total. no I have a jbl 1901 1900l/h with a spray bar 45degree towards the top pointing towards the front of the tank. I did have a wave maker but want the get a better one, no say I got for 10x flow that's about 4500 with the external pumping up its pumps at 1500l/h ish to the tank so that means I have to make up about 3000l/h extra.

no I was thinking of getting a jeabo rw4 4000l/h-8000l/h controllable. would you think this would do the as the plants grow or go for something weaker?

positon wise I was thinking of putting it 1/4 of the way down in the middle aiming 45degree down and toward the middle of the front glass.

so what am I doing wrong or am I more or less on track?

I have but nothing to the flow stated on my post. I have put this post on two forums with no advice so maybe not something that can be answered I dunno. since then I have a second external and will be adding the wave maker I mean if theres no help all I can do is try

I would fit a full length spray bar across the back just under the surface pointing straight at the front (not down at an angle).
Then I would fit three 1000lph power heads (or wave makers) just under the spray bar - equally spaced across the back.

Reactions: tim
so would you take the second filter out? I have two externals with a bar either side meeting at the middle so covers the back of the tank spraying just up abit towards the front glass.

Back