• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ΙKEA PLANTS.

I would be surprised if your IKEA plant turn out to be araguaia - first because it doesn't look to be, and second because I bet an IKEA product of this type, use the cheapest cuttings, they can get.....and that would likely be Hyg. salicifolia !!
- But if you can ask even a quite small cutting of your friends' 'araguaia' it is really very easy to get to root and grow in a tank, provided enough ligjt and a bit of added CO2. It will readily branch by itself.

The real question is; When will IKEA start making fish tanks and cabinets for it?...lol
All my cabinets (for mini M and 60 liters) are modified kitchen cabinets from IKEA! They don't know it but they do produce aquarium cabinets :)

A friend of mine is using three long led stripes (not the flexible ones but those that are rigid) sold for being installed under kitchen cupboards. It's very low light (just for growing crypts) but looks very nice in his 100 cm tank, they are so slim that you hardly can see them... So they also produce tank lights!

Jordi

Jordi

All my cabinets (for mini M and 60 liters) are modified kitchen cabinets from IKEA! They don't know it but they do produce aquarium cabinets :)

A friend of mine is using three long led stripes (not the flexible ones but those that are rigid) sold for being installed under kitchen cupboards. It's very low light (just for growing crypts) but looks very nice in his 100 cm tank, they are so slim that you hardly can see them... So they also produce tank lights!

Jordi

Jordi

Does it look like this ??

3w 2700 k

005_zpsx3uyrjdn.jpg

Here's a close up pic from the IKEA plant I got. Notice the red pigmentation of the leaves.
215b735190aefaad53d6d4ae32c8e967.jpg
49138f739128674d6dd912240025a82b.jpg

I wish my nearest IKEA sold aquarium plants! I've never seen anything like it when I've shopped there. (And usually family is bored by the time we get to the bit with the plants and I get dragged through because they know my propensity being weak-willed with my money around chlorophyl...)

I wish my nearest IKEA sold aquarium plants! I've never seen anything like it when I've shopped there. (And usually family is bored by the time we get to the bit with the plants and I get dragged through because they know my propensity being weak-willed with my money around chlorophyl...)

Are you sure it doesn't? They are located in the plants section but in my case I had to carefully look for them since they were pretty hard to locate in amongst the numerous shelves.

Last edited:
Are you sure it doesn't? They are located in the plants section but in my case I had to carefully look for them since they were pretty hard to locate in amongst the numerous shelves.

I'll keep it in mind next time we go and have a really good snoop.

Back