• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P - A Brief Crack of Light

That cave is realy geniusly constructed.. :cool: Awsome scape!!. A school of pygmae corys maybe a suitable addaption?? They love to dwell in the shaded spots, they might choose the cave as their hangout and venture out once in a while. Thats what they do in my tank, most of the day scholing together in the most shaded spot of the tank.. :)

Here's some ember behaivor in moderate flow tank..Rather playfull fish.. :)

In my observations which could be totally wrong about ember tetra:

1) It's more active when there is no flow at all in the tank
2) It's more active and more colorful when tank is moderately lit and there is some shade on the surface

I have the same observations Alexander, for example the filter inflow corner is a place they avoid.. :) but when im cleaning the glass pipes and there is no flow in the tank. They start to explore the whole tank around and funny enough often school together in the inflow corner. Like its finaly their chance to look whats going on there. :)

I give them lots of surface vegitation and a soft dimmed light in the evening, they start playing with eachother chasing around very close to the surface. I regularly scoop off surface vegitation because it shades to much and as long as there are to large free open spots they avoid the surface and stay mid range. They are very well aware of their suroundings.. :)

Thanks guys!

Finally found someone for taking care of my fish, therefore I'll get some new.

i'll go for some Danio erythromicron. Good choice?

Apart from that, nothing new. Time for some trimming at the weekend, especially at the front.
The Background is growing soooo slow :D But at least veeeery colorful:

22566682250_d4d645da71_c.jpg

Amazing reds Chris.Is it the ECA/Flourish iron or a combination of things ?.

Yeah right :rolleyes:.

Hi Nelson,

yes, every week a Little bit of ECA plus from time to time a cap full of Seachem Iron.

And thank you guys :)
I'm thinking about adjusting the moss on the right side, on the Stone a Little bit.
At the Moment it is looking unnatural to me...

On fishes axelrodia risei or sp blue. Both are smaller and brave fishes. Looks awe when they are in groups. On microrasboras go for Merah. Others may look too thin especially for a final shot. Lovely colors, nice gardening mate! :)

Wow, has been a while :D

Sorry for the lack of updates, very busy at the moment.
But, here is one shot quick and dirty directly after maintenance:

23659245279_43f00267a2_c.jpgRight after heavy maintenance by Christian Witt, auf Flickr

Had to remove some of the moss (the brown areas) and I'm trying to grow some HCC on top of the rock now.
This is directly after cutting, so the sand area is not as it should be and the lily pipes are still dirty :D

BTW: Got some new fish, they will jump into the 60P soon:

Tucano Tetra
Tucanoichthys tucano

Cheers!
Chris

Back