• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Micro bubbles ruining view

Blueskiesdz

I've upped my co2 to 4 bps and I have a nice green drop checker but the tank isn't exactly a viewing pleasure with all the micro bubbles !! Is this normal and something you have to put up with or is there anything i can do ? I'm guessing co2 24 hrs a day with a reduced bps or use liquid carbon.

Any ideas ??

Hi Richard, no the diffuser is in the tank and the bubbles follow the flow around it and makes the water look cloudy.

you could try placing the diffuser under the filter inlet so the bubbles get sucked in and dissolve before they get returned to the tank. however you may need less co2 to get a green dc and you could get a co2 build up in your filter which could result in large bubbles being expelled(burped) from the filter occasionally.

Big clown thanks for your advice. I have read about this before and I think it will be worth a try !

Back