• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best way to eBay/sell shrimp

junglejim578

Seedling
I am thinking about selling my excess shrimp on eBay.
Was thinking about selling shrimp on ebay but unsure as to how to go about it...
Have two tanks ( RCS and Neocaridina Davidii), both have filled up
Really confused by the systems for Paypal and ebay accounts.

Anyone have any experience?

Welcome to the forum.I have sold many items on the ebay.It is not complicated but you will sell a living thing , that will make it really complicated,HAve a look T&C of other sellers from ebay. It gives an idea what kind of trouble you can experience and how to avoid it.
If I were you I would have used gumtree and collection only ebay. Once you have enough post (25 I think) you can use UKAPS forum to sell as well.

Thanks for the reply! Will look into gumtree.
Would be interested in selling via forum; I need to be more active though
Jim

I just give mine to the LFS, they don't give me anything for them but it all counts as good will and they discount any fish or items I buy in the future. Much less complicated and potentially messy...it can get that way when selling livestock - especially on line, which I wouldn't do on principle..:angelic:
It sounds awfully sanctimonious, I know...but it's not meant to:rolleyes:

Last edited:
@Jim. I know what Troi means I think. Proper professional commercial retailers as regards livestock (fish /inverts)have to adhere to certain criteria eg the well being of the livestock etc.I once obtained shrimp from one of the sponsers here the p&p by courier costing nearly as much as the the actual shrimp and you had to be in at a dedicated time slot to receive them and it was right to do that. Because of that they arrived healthy and safe . Much better to sell at your own address or local retailers,you may get less but a lot less hassle anyway and you can impart your advice to buyers

an arrangement with my local (in Aylesbury - not exactly close though) fishstore, i will see what can happen. I would prefer not to sell from my door, but local fish group hadn't occurred to me at all. I will definitely try and find one!
thanks for all of your answers guys :) it means a lot :)

Last edited:
There are a surprisingly number of groups on facebook actually where you can potentially sell as EnderUK stated so I would look there for ease. I imagine they are pretty hit and miss though...

Facebook page 'freshwater shrimp' allows selling of your shrimp. I have sold on ebay before and send most of my shrimp through the post regardless of what forum they are sent on. I have sent hundreds of shrimp no problems but I always use poystyrene lined boxes and send special delivery before 1pm. I just sent 37 shadow /taiwan shrimp at the start of the week.

If I were in your shoes I'd try selling through a Facebook group first, simply for the ease of collection/delivery. But I have seen plenty of people posting shrimp.

Hi guys,
legytt, I am in Buckinghamshire, Chesham.
I will join 'freshwater shrimps', but I am unsure as to how you do this... are you selling via eBay or the group?
Cheers guys

You can sell either way or both. You just need a paypal account and you can sell any way you want.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back