• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P - A Brief Crack of Light

I would add to this questionnaire the lenght and power of light. Just to add it to your summary;)

I am planted!

Hi guys,

sure, no problem.

Light: Aquasky Moon 601 running 8 hours @100% full power, with round about 4250 - 4450 Lumen
Substrate: Small lava stones in the background with ADA Amazonia on top
CO2: Difficult to say, I placed a dropchecker in the area with the lowest flow and I'm trying to keep it lime green (not yellow) and at night I have an airpump running to put more oxygen into the water
Ferts: Every day 3x Brighty K (selfmade 60g K2CO3 with 500ml RO water), 5x ADA Step 1 and 3x ADA Special Lights. Once a week during the water change I'm adding 20 drops of ECA, or 1 cap full of Seachem Iron depending on my mood)

I hope that helps ;)

Perhaps good to know: I'm using RO water, and I'm adding GH+ to get a value of round about 5-6 GH, KH is 0

Cheers!

Hm... Any ideas Alexander?

I'm looking for some new fish, but the ones I like are too big for the 60P :lol:

Hi all

I think Hemigrammus armstrongi would fit well in the final picture, as well as the more classic Hypessobrycon amandae... But TBH these are boring fish, that fit well in the final picture but that's all.
My choice would be a large group of any Boraras species. You need a good group to be seen in the picture but the advantage is that you have with this size nice behaviors. I once had a group of 12 B. urophtalmoides and males were amazing defending their areas in my small 60p tank. Another advantage: they will fit well even in smaller tanks when you will dismantle this one

Jordi

Ember tetras? very simple solution but well on shoaling and I think they really would pop out in this scape. not demanding fish too

I am planted!

Ember tetra is probably the best in term of size (for 60P) and color, but sometimes they too shy or don't like strong current in aquascapes, and tend to stay in one quite corner most of the time, that could be a problem. Actually I'm with Jordi on fish choice.

Once I had microrasbora kubotai - they were awesome emerald green beasties, but they were too bold to other tank mates. And they are very rare now, and uncommon, and thus - pricey.

Last edited:
my ones are looking for current. they just seek for the best spot with stronger current and always party together. :) I have only 15 but I'm tempted to go for another 15. captured just now, if Iceman don't mind me sharing this here

ps. microrasbora kubotai is very nice in colour. and as mentioned above - unusual and pricey (I paid for my ones 6€ a piece in lfs). I just did not like the fact they were all over the place. All depends of your demands :)

I am planted!

Back