• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P - A Brief Crack of Light

Hi Jordi,

the oxygenator is from Aquasabi, it's quite nice, but imho a little bit too big ;)

Well call it bad habit and I know that a lot of people disagree, but in all of my tanks, I get a lot of GSA and GDA when my K level is close to "30".
I can always reproduce it, in all of my tanks, always! As long as I keep it below 30 (dosing K once every week during the water change) everything is fine, the plants pearl, grow and I'm happy as I don't have to clean everything every 2nd day.

KR,
Chris

Well call it bad habit and I know that a lot of people disagree, but in all of my tanks, I get a lot of GSA and GDA when my K level is close to "30".
I can always reproduce it, in all of my tanks, always! As long as I keep it below 30 (dosing K once every week during the water change) everything is fine, the plants pearl, grow and I'm happy as I don't have to clean everything every 2nd day.

KR,
Chris

Mmm, this is quite interesting. I will give it a go. Thanks

Last edited:
My pleasure.

I guess it's because of ADA's low or 0 dosing of phosphates, I don't know.
Never had this issues when adjusting NO3, PO4 and K to my likings. GDA and GSA is exclusive to the ADA system, at least in my tanks :lol:

Fast becoming my favourite UKAPS tank at the moment. I love the whole concept of this tank. Would love to try something similar one day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's getting great! You'll have a great coloured and almost mature aquarium in a few weeks :thumbup:

the oxygenator is from Aquasabi, it's quite nice, but imho a little bit too big ;)

Funny, i bought the other one from Aquasabi (similar to a CO2 diffuser) also. Still in the box because i haven't any fish on my 300l yet. But i tested it and it's pretty good.

Pedro.

Ahoi guys,

just a quick one!
Had a good trimming on friday and now started to add a little bit of ADA Special Lights (3ml per day).

The tank is still a slow grower, but that's good and well, look at the reds:

21752217140_6403b5355b_c.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

20 drops of ECA right after the water change and I started straight away with Step-2 (dosing 5ml every day now).
K is now only added once a week, too.

Never had such insanely red plants :snaphappy:

I tried with my projects black. always removing it after as it feels more depressing (that's only me). I like better with light background. but that's only me :) this still looking good

I am planted!

Next week, I can make some comparison shots, I have the black and a white background here...

Then we can decide :D

Lovely tank, The_Iceman. You are getting really healthy plants. As mentioned above, I do not want to hijack your journal, but... could you summarize your fertilizing plan you used? I mean: Substrates and the dosages of the different fertilizers you are using, if possible and not too much work. I am curious also about your CO2 levels, but definitively you got it right. :) Very well done.

Back