• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

WK: Great Balls of Fire

The_Iceman

Ahoi UKAPS,

nothing special, just wanted to share my latest fiddling around with the next Wabi-Kusa with you.

Again, I used a mix of old soil and sphaghnum moss for the base:

21173935992_2550b1fd45_c.jpg

Then I started to arrange some stones:

21157905496_2aa67b6a55_c.jpg

Here and there a little bit of used soil in the back:

21173866952_2d675b485c_c.jpg

HCC on top:

21184237215_9be1aa6fff_c.jpg

And after some arrangement + driftwood, it looked like this (including 6 little Wabi Kusa Balls):

20595687294_2210307a7e_c.jpg

As everything was "submersed" it needed some time to adjust, but so far it's going great.

This is how the Wabi looks today, after some weeks:

22013482116_812a3ca0c6_c.jpg

Hopefully everything will be covered with plants next month.

Let's wait and see.

Cheers,
Chris

Hey Jordi, thanks :)

It needs a little bit more time to grow in completely, but i'm getting there...

Cheers!

Nice! Makes me think of this.. :D
Whole%20Lotta%20Shakin.gif

This is really pretty already! Are you going to keep it emersed or will it be submersed at some point? :)

Lähetetty minun GT-I9305 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Very good. I like it a lot :thumbup: ... but i have a "thing" about Wabi-Kuzas.
Have 7 at home :banghead: - like my mother used to say when i was young: It's better then drugs :D

One comment if i might: HC grows emersed but will grow much more if humidity is very high (closed aquarium).
I grew a HC carpet over 2 or 3 monts (good growth) and after that i closed it so it could increase humidity and the result was a GREAT GREAT GROWTH in now week!
These also depends on where you are. I'm in Lisbon and the summer is hot!

Thank you guys,

@EvitaL : I guess I will stick to the emersed state at the moment, let's wait and see, perhaps I'll change my mind :)

@Pedro Rosa: Oh yes, count me into the "WK addicted" group :D My last one really grew insanely before I restarted:

16783856177_e83fea5523_c.jpg

The HCC is growing insanely already and started to grow over the sand area. I'm only covering the Mini S with the glas cover and I remove it for spraying in the morning and evening. So far this works quite good. Took a while for the plants to convert from submersed to emersed, but that's always interesting, isn't it? :)

@Martin in China : Thank you, nothing compared to your awesome tank, but one has to start somewhere, right? :)

Cheers!

Looks very natural and absolutely not man made.. :) Could be a pic taken in the jungle.. :thumbup:

"Erzgebirge"
Super!!! :) Leider!! Sachen is a bit to far for me.. :(

The next time, we will rock
You both already do... So many nice scapes are made all over the contest.. I imagine the judges only party and chitchatting the whole evening and after that do blindfolded throw darts to get a winner. :rolleyes: :lol:

Yes a darker background could do better, or try to fix the white balance or down expore a bit.. Backlight in soft color also can do wonders, if the white foil is somewhat translusent. :)

btw is that Erzgebirge steine?? Very nice..

Back