• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

something is missing

nicpapa

In all my tanks i have a weird deficiency.
In my 180 lt tank some leaves of polysperma the new one, is Twisted and Distorted .
In this tank i follow estimate index.
I use tnc trace for fe , kno3 kh2po4 , k2so4.
I think that it was from ca deficiency , i use tap water and ro and iget 3kh and 4gh .
I try to adjust ca and mg levels, adding 15 and 5 ppm,and some stems plants grown beter but the deficiency is there.
I think its boron?

Same at shrimp tanks some plants leaves are Twisted , same ferts here but lowers ppm. .

DSC_6198_zpsknngoeys.jpg

DSC_6095_zpsqyjuhdns.jpg

DSC_6102_zps5yjysmbb.jpg

What source of C are you using (liquid or gas ?), the curling leaves is usually a symptom of lack of carbon.

Here is a list of deficiencies, though in practice really only lack of C and Mg are seen on this forum, all the other deficiencies are very hard to actually get.
http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/deficiencies.htm

I use gas for co2.
I dont think is lack of co2... i have plants more co2 sensitive and doing fine.
Those are the 3 plants doing this , from ~80 species i keep.

I use gas for co2.
I dont think is lack of co2... i have plants more co2 sensitive and doing fine.
Those are the 3 plants doing this , from ~80 species i keep.
Those plants may have higher requirements levels for CO2? Remember CO2 requirements like any other nutrient is variable across species and even between the same plant species

Ok here ...

dimensions: 100cm*40cm*45cm
Liters: 180

Substrate : quartz gravel and litle seachem flourite

light: 2x39 t5 osram και 2 x21w t5 osram , 15cm above the surface of water.
light period:8 hours
Filters :2 ecco pro 2036
water parameters
pH:5,8-6,0 to 6,8-7,00
Gh: 4
ΚΗ: 3
ΝΗ3: 0
ΝΟ2: 0
ΝΟ3: 10-20
Po4 2-4ppm
fe 0.5 ppm

ferts: Ει
1.6 gr K2so4 4ppm
2 gr Kno3 6ppm
0.4 kh2po4 1.5ppm
1 gr tnc trace 0.5ppm fe
All those 3 times a week .

CO2: external reactor, turn on one hour befor lights and close one hour before closing the lights.

Last before a week i add 15 gr CaSO4.2H2O for geting 15ppm more ca and 9gr MgSO4.7H2O to get more 5 ppm. , i see some diferents in stem plants , grow faster and biger.

Some photos of other plants in this tank.

DSC_6081_zpspea2gfvy.jpg

DSC_6038-2_zpsgp80ewnd.jpg

DSC_6055_zpshk7angnn.jpg

DSC_5522_zpsz2tmve1t.jpg

Nice tank! A. Reineckii seems to have a co2 problem just like mine. Twisted, thin, not great looking leaves means at some point it had more light than it could handle with the co2 it had available. This is the pickiest plant in my tank.

Hi, very nice tank!
Agree with José, maybe to much light/not enought Co2 at some point...
Maybe better distribution in that points.
If you beilieve that's some nutrientes missing (after Co2) try to mesure after dosing and before dosing to figure out the real consumption.
Very nice colors!
Cheers

Enviado do meu B1-750 através de Tapatalk

Thanks for replying...
Co2 outpout is near the polysperma , so its the first plant take co2,.,...
Icant adjust the co2 up, the fish stress and hide.
It can be a toxicy ...

I am not saying you should but you can actually add more co2 if you really wanted. How? Add more surface ripple. This means more o2 and also more offgassing of co2 which could mean more stable levels of co2. Once you have more o2 and more stable offgassing of co2 the you can actually add more co2 without your fish being stressed.

I am not saying you should but you can actually add more co2 if you really wanted. How? Add more surface ripple. This means more o2 and also more offgassing of co2 which could mean more stable levels of co2. Once you have more o2 and more stable offgassing of co2 the you can actually add more co2 without your fish being stressed.
I know that and i have prety much surface ripple.

Then lower your light levels. Or you can lower the "speed" of your tank by using a limitting method like pps pro etc. Basically your light and co2 levels are not in equilibrium.

Back