• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Pro 3 - worst Eheim ever?

Filter failure sucks :(

The filter ideal is a bucket with a pump. Two words: Ehiem Classic ;)

my fluval 206 decided to start leaking immediately after I went away for a month. Gotta love that timing!

Where are people sourcing their JBL filters from? I'm hopping on this bandwagon...

Found an e901 on amazon for £72, wondering if I've done well? can't find much cheaper but may be looking in the wrong places. I realise 15x turnover is maybe a bit much for my 60L :p soon upgrading anyways...

I've junked one of the Eheim Pro 3 2080s. Tried silicone-gluging the area that is leaking but water is still coming in from somewhere. I might not have sealed it properly since there are places very hard to get to. Waiting for my Fluval FX-6 to arrive so I can set it up and check on the other Pro 3. Over here, Fluval FX-6 is similarly priced to JBL e1501, so I went for the Fluval for its higher turnover and the neat feature of using the pump to drain water during water change.

Time to move on...

I've got two Chinese filters. I've never had to change anything in them, seals, etc.. And I can count the amount of times I've put grease on the seals on one of my hands over a 4-5 year period and they're still working relentlessly.
I don't have to prime them either. I just fill them up and switch them on. They expel the air themselves even if the hoses are empty.
But they don't look as fancy as Eheims. Thankfully my fish can't see them.
I have an old Eheim 2026. It leaked but I was able to fix it by replacing a few parts(it's a known issue with the filter) and it hasn't given me trouble since. The prime button on it doesn't work so it's a pain to prime if you empty the hoses but otherwise I just fill it up to the top and it starts up.

Back