• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tmc signature 900

nduli

Guys

Couple of Quick question but thinking of moving from a signature 600 to 900 but all seem to be reef systems.

1) has anyone used sumps reliably with planted tanks? It will be a low tech setup.
2) if I removed the sump does anyone know how best to blank off the holes in the back of the tank? Hole size and an attractive way to do it is what I am thinking.

Rich

blank off the holes in the back of the tank
reversably:
520868_GB_00_FB.EPS_400.jpg

Put a correct size PVC pipe in it with an endcap glued on. Should you want to make use of the hole just remove pipe.

Irreversably:
Just glue a piece of glas over it.

I have a huge sump under my large tank. The tank was originally made with discus in my mind (so little plants and lots of feeding). Water came to the sump through two standing pipes filled with bioballs. When i went high tech for a while i replaced the standing pipes with normal pvc pipes end removed a lot of filtermaterial.
Now i went low tech again i am thinking about reinstalling one pipe to improve oxygenation in the sump.

Back