• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A new member from muddy Sussex!

pondweed

Hi everyone!

I've signed up because I'm finally planting up a low-tech tank with something other than Java fern, moss, anubias, and mossballs. I'm a novice/enthusiast looking for advice and plant sources. =)

I'm in charge of two Superfish LED tanks — a 30 litre and a 70 litre. I'm going to experiment with the 30 first. I'd love to be able to upgrade the lighting in these some time when I have more funds, though I fancy getting a scapers' tank would end up about the same price. I have a betta in each tank, and then amanos, lampeyes, and a few snails in the 70l. I've also got a male and female endler-hybrid left over from when I kept them, but constantly rehoming fry got a bit hard!

Looking forward to picking up tips here! All the best. x

Thank you Alto! I was actually in the process of nosing around the search function looking to see if anyone had used the tanks! I have... hygrophila guanensis I picked up on a whim (not the best approach, and I took a list of low-light plants with me last time I went to my local Maidenhead Aquatics) and given what I later researched, it's been at least growing in the sand, and sending out new leaves. So I think perhaps the LED lighting the tank comes with is a little more forgiving than I thought.

And Idcgroomer, hello! Haha, on my usual online haunts there are grumblings that people only really talk about betta! My oldest boy is a blue plakat called Toksvig, and he came to University with me for most of my final year. He's starting to look like an old man now. I'm incredible fond of him. I think he considers himself Lord of the Tank, though (he has a coconut hammock filled with moss he sleeps in near the surface, and surveys the other fish.)

Hello, nice to see another betta fan!

I'd love to see more of your betta! I saw the channoides breeding video, and felt a bit of a green-eyed monster. As mentioned, I'm a novice and only familiar with Splendens, but the betta family has so many gorgeous fish!

Most of them are in my fish room journal but also have facebook Betta fish scotland . Going to pick up more splendens from thefishhut today :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'll scout out your journal then!

Also watched a couple of the liquorice gourami videos—pretty little gems!

I have vague plans of keeping sparkling gourami in the future.

Back