• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First Journal - The Aquarium Garden

Chris Stokes

Hi all,

My first journal, and my second attempt and 'scaping. The tank is a 27L, 30cm Cube. The goal was to try make it blend in with the living room, hence the oak side board (although in hindsight I think the hanging bars detract from this slightly). Inspiration taken from GF's Hillside, and another found on Google. And masses of help and support from Dave at Aquarium Gardens; hence the title 'The Aquarium Garden' in homage to its sponsor.

The tech setup is as follows

Unbranded Optiwhite 30cm Cube
Eheim Pro Ecco 200
-Running Biohome Ultra, three different sponges and activated carbon
Cascade glass spray bar, rear exit pipe in inflow
Inline CO2 diffuser, 2kg FE
AG CO2 Regulator with bubble counter
Hydor 200w inline heater
TMC 400 LED tile with Aquaray Controller
Iquatics Hanging Bar

Hardscape
Manzanita off cuts
Mini Landscape rock
Tropica Soil Powder
ADA Power Sand Special

Plants (All tissue culture)
Hemianthus Callitrichoides
Eleocharis Parvula
Eleocharis sp.Mini
Hydrocotyle Tripartita
Cryptocoryne Pygmaea
Pogostemon Stellatus
Fissidens Fontanus (to be added shortly)

The tank was planted on 5th September (with a helping hand from Dave) and I'm currently using DSM, which I plan to do for 4-5 weeks. I'll be doing a weekly progress shot of growth whilst doing DSM, and so far I'm impressed. Anyway, enough typing...

7wX043
ha151W
73t4fK
ybPWS5
1i178b
1V66F6
PPYqYb

I can't see images in your first post. You can embed images from flickr to your post if you're using share button (it's like arrow to right) and select BBCode tab. HTH

Beautiful cabinet but it's screaming for a 60cm tank! How's the HC going with your light?

How's the tank doing after the Dry start? Lovely scape, looking forward to its future!

Back