• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua at pet shop - layout no.3 - the end

Your "fanart" shot (Istanbul shoe) is looking great! It has a nice ADA Amano touch to it!

Looking forward to your new layout!

But imho, the stones don't look like Manten :)

But imho, the stones don't look like Manten :)

Err, sorry then. You know, we're locally calling them "manten-like" and looking at the photos of Mantens in the internet - they look similar. Of course, I didn't used genuine ADA Mantent stones, so I can be utterly wrong.

Can I boast a little bit, why not?

Layout No.3 photo with blue background has won local competition "tank of the month" on big ukrainian aquatic forum, there were 5 entries of may-july months, with people voting and some serious jury making choice of the tank as well. Actually in people voting this tank was only second, but all 3 members of jury have chosen this tank as number 1, and as bottom line - I won.

It was a big surprise for me. Several times in previous 2 years I was only second (as highest rank) in this competition, but this time the fortune has smiled on me. You maybe don't believe, but two of jury members are from top-100 of last IAPLC: Grigoriy Polishchuk and Jozeph Feldeshi. That's why I so excited.

On the other hand, I still was only second in people voting. Voting was multi-choice, so anybody can choice as many tank as they find they like. So numbers were: 224-153-117-55-51. The tank on 1st place of people voting is more like dutch tank with a lot of healthy and beautiful plants, but I guess the reason why serious jury chose me is in quality of the picture itself and more aquascape-like of my work.

I'm looking forward for results of AGA and EAPLC, but those contest have a lot of really cool works, so I only interesting in relative numbers (comparing to previous year) and maybe feedback from jury.

Anyway, new layout is already started, and I think it's time to start new thread, let's call it "season 2" :)

Last edited:
Back