• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suggestion Missing Smillies!

GHNelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi Team
Running IE 11
I have been missing the Smillie feature for quite a long time now!
Although can get them running on my Smart phone!
So doesn't seem to be a account problem!
Any ideas or suggestions to get them running again?
Cheers
hoggie

It's IE 11 :rolleyes:

I got :)'s now but am constantly told that IE needs to close the program as there is some error in the program :dead:

Course the upgrade to IE 11 also snuck on board :what:

Most people reporting this bug reverted back to ie10 to resolve the issue.. You could try to put ukaps to the compatibility list then it will function as if you where using an older version..
https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/gg622935(v=vs.85).aspx
:) Maybe that helps.. Can't replicate it because my IE11 works as should..

Most people reporting this bug reverted back to ie10 to resolve the issue.. You could try to put ukaps to the compatibility list then it will function as if you where using an older version..
https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/gg622935(v=vs.85).aspx
:) Maybe that helps.. Can't replicate it because my IE11 works as should..

That's interesting, I tried reverting to an older version but somehow 11 snuck back on :confused:
I'd like to get back to IE9 as most sites seemed to run fine in that, now I'm constantly getting error messages about various sites basically being "not up to standard" - problems with the code according to IE11, though these same sites worked just fine in IE11 before the continuing "fixes" - or the webpage just goes into "white page" mode ...
fortunately this happens less frequently with UKAPS now, but I have "log in" issues, "submit reply" issues etc that I suspect are all IE11 rather than UKAPS :sick:

M$ IE was always a sort of terrible problem child.. Too many 3th party addons and too many backdoors to other M$ buildin applications. So a corrupt security update from app x can lame IE11. o_O That's why i'm using Firefox for years now and since tossed IE as default browser..

Problems like that can be rather simple to resolve or being a few hour party running around with a Microsoft Most Valued Professional. :sick:

if you like to party with one of those guys you can find them here
http://www.sevenforums.com/ (or click depending on your os Windows 8 - Windows 10 in the quick links top of the page)
Some knowledgeable professionals go around there.. :)

But MHO resolve the issue with above help for security reasons and after that toss the use of IE and go firefox.. :)

Last edited:
That's interesting, I tried reverting to an older version but somehow 11 snuck back on :confused:
I'd like to get back to IE9 as most sites seemed to run fine in that, now I'm constantly getting error messages about various sites basically being "not up to standard" - problems with the code according to IE11, though these same sites worked just fine in IE11 before the continuing "fixes" - or the webpage just goes into "white page" mode ...
fortunately this happens less frequently with UKAPS now, but I have "log in" issues, "submit reply" issues etc that I suspect are all IE11 rather than UKAPS :sick:

I do not know what OS your on. So i just assume W7, but this tool is olsao available for 8 and 10
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3132

This will check your system for corrupt KB-update services files.. Scanning with it can cause no harm, it probably could give you a rather large checksur repport.
The files scanned are the KB-update .mum and .cat repair files. If some of these files related to an certain update are corrupt they need to be replaced so the relating corrupt or faulty update can be installed respectively deinstalled or repaired. I've managed to repair IE11 issues with this in the past.

But note this is actualy a professionals tool and repairing the given errors from this scan you need to be bit more skilled with cmd line then the average user. And need to know some insight in Knowledge Base articles and relations to the issues they adress to, to know which line to fix and which not.. Over fixing your system or fixing false errors from this repport can also make things worse.

Im an retired MCP and a somewhat XP guru, Windows7 is fairly simular and played with this tool and repaired my own W7 system with it's information. But i must be honnest i'm not confident enough and to long out of the area to go and play with this on other systems then my own. Crashing my own system is fun and a lauch to get it running again. So with this i'm not the professional anymore you're looking for, i advice you to ask professional assistance from guys knowing excactly what they are doing. Download the correct tool for your OS, run a scan and post the checksur report at the appropriate forums from above. Then only M$ professionals will jump on it even if your current error isn't related to any of it. ;) Posting a dificult log file a proffesional only understands prevents a run around with suggestions from billy bob from the corner. ;)

Last edited:
Back