• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P - A Brief Crack of Light

Too intense and to blue :lol:

Have turned down the brightness already, looking much better now.

Hi Chris

I like very much the blue background and honestly I usually don't like colored backgrounds... it really adds a lot of depth to the tank and does look quite natural. Well done, this is going to be amazing.

I was watching your video and I have seen the great CO2 flow you have. What really surprises me is that your ADA diffuser is very high. I'm in the second day of my 60 liters setup and for the first time I am using the Do!Aqua Diffuse (the one with the bubble counter) which is placed close to the bottom. It does a fine mist but in my other tank I am used to see how the flow blows the mist and distribute the CO2 bubbles everywhere in the tank. This is not happening in my tank even if I am using a JBL e901 which delivers 900 lph (probably 600 lph real flow), so probably enough for this volume (if I'm not wrong I think you were using in the last setup a 600 lph filter, isn't it?). Do you think I should place the diffuser like you, a bit higher? To my understanding the lower the diffuser is, more time for diffusion... :confused: Am I wrong?

Jordi

Thanks again guys :):thumbup:

@Jordi: I'm using a SuperJet Filter here now and it took me a while to find a good place for the diffuser.
This is a cheapo from ebay, but doing a perfect Job with creating fine micro bubbles (but I had to soak it in bleach for a couple of days).
In my opinion, the Placement of the diffuser is really important! I had it on the right side, previously and then changed it to the lower left side. It was better but not perfect... after I raised it directly into the stream of the lily pipe (where it is now) the bubbles started to flow through the tank like crazy.

As long as the bubbles have a lot of contact with the water, it doesn't matter where it is placed.
In my tank, this seems to be the perfect Location for it, as the bubbles are longer in contact with the water than placing the diffuser at the bottom, because they are carried away by the flow.

You can find the "perfect" Location quite easily:
Try to place your diffusor on different Locations in the tank during the first hours of the lights being on.
If the location is good, you will see it immediately and your plants should react within 10 miinutes with immense pearling.

And a little trick: Try to soak the diffuser in bleach "every week" during maintenance, even if it's not dirty. Trust me, it will be much more effective then...

Thanks Chris

In my tank, this seems to be the perfect Location for it, as the bubbles are longer in contact with the water than placing the diffuser at the bottom, because they are carried away by the flow.
I will play a bit with this, curiously I've seen plenty of ADA videos with the diffuser in a high position

And a little trick: Try to soak the diffuser in bleach "every week" during maintenance, even if it's not dirty. Trust me, it will be much more effective then...
Yup, I do this with my diffusers weekly. I use bleach, H2O2 and vinegar... really makes the difference

Jordi

Getting quite extreme Diatom outbreak.
Had this in the Mini S, too.

After yesterdays maintenance, I changed to an inline atomizer.
Much better distribution now, imho.

Rotala is changing to submersed now, as you can see while looking at the leaves.

20931531768_216fa8058f_c.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Exactly.

I know they are normal during the Initial cycling of the tank. But I have the assumption that something in the Tap water changed, as they are extremely aggresive the last 3-4 month (seen this in my Mini S).

Are you put the water straight from your tap? Or give some days for water to dechlorinate? Or usign dechlorinator? Just interesting. Recently I read advice to use de-chlorinated water if you have diatoms problem.

Water is running directly from the RO into the tank.

Never used dechlorinator in any of my tanks as there's no chlorine in our tap water.
Worth a try, though...

Hm... don't know, Martin.
Have to check the water Parameters.

Will try it the next couple of weeks with a water treatment and then let's see how it goes.
Thanks for the advise, never thought of it.

No worries... will give it a try.
I have\had it in 3 tanks now. Something must be inside the water that's causing this.

Back