• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's Poco Pozo

Prodibio spots and velvet works wonders. The marine one. Also feed fish with seachem vitality. Prodibio spots and velvet the marine one is reef safe

How do you keep it so free of mulm?
All the wood does generate a fair amount of 'soil', which collects in the back corners and the filter presponge. The bottom of the filter is also probably full of it but I never empty it because the efx600 weighs more than I care to lift when full!

The headstanders and bandit cichlids turn the sand quite a lot and presumably stop it collecting elsewhere.

I do nothing except clean the presponge if the flow starts dropping.

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

Nice Tom
Great stuff love the emersed concept too....wish I had your patience and tenacity!
Maybe when I retire!
Kessils are looking good....great lights!
Cheers
hoggie

That is some going! How many do you have?

What are your water parameters? My lfs has some in but i've heard they are quite difficult?
1 male and 3 females (adults). Make sure they have nice bellies on them and have been in a while and you should be OK I think. I lost 3 out of 4 from a previous group which were very skinny when I bought them and they all died within 24 hours.

My water is soft and presumably fairly acidic although it's a long time since I've actually tested it. I keep the tank at 24 degrees but they should be happy warmer.

They definitely seem to appreciate flow - they'd been in the tank about a year without any sign breeding, then 2 days after adding a wavemaker they started spawning and literally haven't stopped since!

Hey Tom. Stunning as ever ;)

Love the kessils. Am hoping to get an a160 tuna sun. Single point lighting creates really natural shadows & light play :hungry:

In the FTS in post 377 do I spy a lid for the tank? Avoiding jumpers or keeping the tank from evaporating away under the sun & kessils?

Hey Tom. Stunning as ever ;)

Love the kessils. Am hoping to get an a160 tuna sun. Single point lighting creates really natural shadows & light play :hungry:

In the FTS in post 377 do I spy a lid for the tank? Avoiding jumpers or keeping the tank from evaporating away under the sun & kessils?

Nice - I haven't seen the a160s in the flesh but we've got the a360s on the plant sales tank at work and they're lovely.

The tank has a mini-lid at the front just to stop jumpers (I need to get one cut for the back corner too) - I had problems with the Iguanadectes jumping at night when they first went in. They're pretty skittish and I think would jump towards the computer lights if they got spooked in the night. I'll post a rubbish phone pic so you can see...

3147c5071f43f745a506074f315fb714.jpg

Posting from my mobile, please excuse brevity!

Nice - I haven't seen the a160s in the flesh but we've got the a360s on the plant sales tank at work and they're lovely.

Seeing is all you do. They are silent! Also in love with the controller. Magnetic back, can run 2 sets of lights, oh and truly idiot proof :D

Nifty curve there Tom. I guess it stops or reduces sag of that span of glass?

1 male and 3 females (adults). Make sure they have nice bellies on them and have been in a while and you should be OK I think. I lost 3 out of 4 from a previous group which were very skinny when I bought them and they all died within 24 hours.

My water is soft and presumably fairly acidic although it's a long time since I've actually tested it. I keep the tank at 24 degrees but they should be happy warmer.

They definitely seem to appreciate flow - they'd been in the tank about a year without any sign breeding, then 2 days after adding a wavemaker they started spawning and literally haven't stopped since!

What do you feed them?

Hehe that's some breeze you got going there!

Back