• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC V2 iLumenAir

I saw this unit at the TMC stand at Aqua 2013. Definitely more appropriate for a reef due to the number of blue LEDs, but a very impressive piece of kit.

Here's a photo I took of their display.

View attachment 500

It will be interesting to see if a freshwater version is released, as the controllability is excellent. More white (cool and warm) LEDs, with some green and reds would be great.

What do they use to make the fluorescent colours stand out like that? I was at Southend Sealife Centre at the weekend, and some of their reef tanks had this vibrant 'popping' coral colour and some not. Is it UV?

:) to go back to your question, yes I grow plants under it but I am constantly messing with the levels ( percentages) they are very bright turn it up to 100 and you will have a great algae farm. Most I've left it at it 76% on one program.
b863c4acd0d04cb7bee6e2fac9727c6d.jpg
55e990c70563f045ed9d14141705e02b.jpg
when I was fishless and injecting more co2 than needed.

Looks smart but IV rushed out and just bought 3 Radion XR15FW its cost me £800 with the mount and reef link

Don't blame you it was....

just over an hr on a work day before you got a reply:D

Well I watched a video on YouTube and I was sold. It was the reeflink that did it. Looks absolutely amazing bit of kit, you can program the weather in' sun shine, cloudy thunderstorms:) all from your iPhone, think I'll have some fun with my new toy

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Just bought one of these cheap second hand for planted 120l tank.

Anyone else use for tropical? What settings.

Was thinking of turning off all the colours and just using the white for say 8 hours a day? Scale goes from 0-32 So was thinking of setting at 20 which is roughly 60% output . Any thoughts

Which model did you purchase?
What are your tank dimensions, hardscape, plants???

Yeah some details would have helped ! 120l but I have a good few inches of substrate. Have the 900 as the tank is 800mm long, 300mm wide say 400 deep. Bought managers special plants some of which are advanced sadly

Lagenandra meeboldi red

Rotala indica - really like this one

Heteranthera zosterifolia

Samolus floribundas

Ammania gracilis

Limnophila aromatica

As I said using liquid carbon once a day. Ferts once a week as directed.

New to plants, well not new but can't usually keep Amazon swords alive!
Hence new light, new substrate. Appreciate people.may say use co2 proper. Saving up for that.

Have fish as well which I don't want to kill.

Thanks for reply:)

Back