• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algae/Bacteria growth?

Matt Horne

Seedling
Hi everyone,

This is a fairly new setup that's been running for 3 weeks now. As you can see on my Manzanita wood there is some furry looking Algae growing on it.

20150527_135557.jpg

20150527_135620.jpg

The piece of wood isn't new. However it was left outside for a week or so before being cleaned and put in the new tank. I've tried scrubbing it off, but it regrows about 2 days later. As you can see from the full tank pic, im not able to remove the wood due to the whole tank being set up around it!

Any advice would be great! Thanks.

Matt

Looks like BBA. Too much light!

Turn filter off, apply excel/easycarbo to it via syringe, leave to sit for a minute or 2 then turn filter back on. It will turn pink in a few days then disappear.

It will re-appear unless you sort out your lights.

I dont think its BBA. It rubs off really easily unlike BBA. Its also in one specific place - not all over the tank. I might try the liquid carbon though!

Yeah, it does look a bit slimey to be BBA... It's probably just mould, should disappear on its own but nuke it anyway.

Thanks guys, Ill be getting both ottos and shrimp so ill leave it there for them to munch on :)

Back