• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Valley of colors

Thank you all!

Sk3lly, i think you're referring to Alternanthera rosaefolia. ;)

voc_detaliu4_800_rszt150521b52c.jpg
Thank you Alex. Indeed i was talking about this plant.

Can you explain to me the needs of this plant and how you get the colour so intense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full right side view of the valley :
voc_detaliu5_600_rszt150521e612.jpg

Sk3lly, i don't know exactly, i have it for a long time now and this is how it always looked like. Never lost that strong red. :D

Steve (@REDSTEVEO), it could've been a problem with the upload site. :confused:

Iain, i don't think it can survive the shipment. :(
no worries alex, i will persevere in my hunt.
Iain, you could try some garden centers with a larger pond section; these are mostly sold as pond floaters, at least, in The Netherlands they are
cheers vink, ill keep my eyes peeled in future when looking around the LFS.

Superbly done. Just like your previous dutch touch tank, I'm still extremely amazed that you're only injecting 1 bps of CO2. The lights must be high enough intensity to bring out all those reds and get that sorta growth in 3 weeks. If I can learn your secret, I'll be a very happy man. And I can save on CO2 costs!

The bulb looks kinda full...I'd go with half of that to give a larger surface area to perhaps get a more accurate reading - but actually I'm not sure if it'd make a difference tho'. Anyway, I usually just use 1 drop of reagent in a small drop checker. But whatever, smashing scape.

Back