• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Second hand Eheim 3E 450 query (too good to be true?)

JamieB

Hi all

Looking at buying this from Gumtree
http://www.gumtree.com/p/pet-equipment-accessories/eheim-professional-3e-450-filter-2076/1116034469

I'm just arranging to go and look at it, the only things he says are wrong are one of the feet is broken which I've looked online for a part for and I'm struggling, it seems a big part that runs around the edges of the filter like a border but seemingly no spare part available other than an entirely new canister, I can just prop this up though or glue some sort of support to the bottom

Additionally he says it needs a spray bar but I'll be running glass outlet/inlets anyway

Apparently it comes fully loaded with media as well which I'd give a good clean so I can start fresh filter bacteria

Is it too good to be true or does it look about right?! these are £350 on charterhouse at the mo! Would probably be ideal for a 60P setup that I have planned

Hi Jamie B,

For £50.00 quid mate its a bargain, providing of course it doesn't leak, the seals are intact and the impellar is in good order.

I am sure you could glue something on the bottom to match up. To be honesy I didn't know these filters had feet, I thought there were just rubber grommets stuck in to keep it steady.

Any signs of damage steer clear or ask him to switch it on for demo!!

Cheers,

Steve.

Cheers, great advice.

I've asked to see it but seems someone may have beat me to it but he will let me know if the deal falls through. Oh well!

I'm not suprized your possibly beaten to it, putting a link and the price.:) it wasn't me by the way.:D
You know what they say if it's too goid to be true.......
I'm still a fan of the classic/2215/2213/2217's nice a simple filters. Wouldn't mind a 350t if i find one very cheap.:)

Well I took the risk posting it here but this guy was only 2 minutes from my place and I'd already been on conversation so thought it would be safe!

Nothing is safe on tinternet unfortunately:( i want third dibs! Just kidding mate, fingers crossed for you that the other person turns out to be a messers :)

Well, I ended up buying a Ecco Pro 130 for £20 with some media, just needed sponges and hose which cost me under a tenner in total (Tesco sponges and hose at 2.25 a meter)

This was only for the 19l tank I have. Just that the 250 would have been future proof as I do intend to get a bigger tank for this one

Back