• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

background colours

swansea jack

Seedling
Hi all,
what colour background would be best to show off your plants ? I assume that blue, green or black are a no - no, so I was thinking white ?
cheers
paul

Try looking at tanks displayed at contests.......and you will find there's no "no-no's" at all. It's a matter of taste (or lack of same :rolleyes: )

IMO black backgrounds make your colors look more intense but light backgrounds give a fresher appearance. Every time I set up a new tank I try both and let the family decide :)

Jordi

It is a matter of taste! I thought about it long & hard & it's black for me every time! I used window film hides all the plumbing too. Have a look at my pics subject "First attempt" this section. & make your own mind up.

Last edited:
Hi Paul and welcome to ukaps.:)
I'm a naked back ground person now, but was a fan of black.
Once you have all the glassware and clear pipes external inline heater there's few wires to hide............unless its a case of nasty decor:D

thanx for the info guys.
Kirk, you mentioned an in - line heater. I have never used one of these, always a submersible one be it in the sump or behind rockwork in my tank. But, as I'm not a fan of hardware in my tank, (I'm a bit of a neat - freak), I will almost certainly go for one of these. Please can anyone give me as much info as possible, & possibly some pics.
thanx
paul

Kirk, you mentioned an in - line heater

http://www.hydor.com/eng/prodotti-tecnici/heaters/heater-for-external-canister-filters.php

130710115330_qexternal_heater_ex_eth.jpg

Back