• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bonjour from sunny France

GillJay85

Seedling
Hello,
I am an amateur aquarium enthusiast but loved the idea of having an indoor garden. My first tank was a Juwel Rio 180 which I loved but when my husband said "a larger tank would be nice" it took me two minutes to order my new Juwel Vision 260.
Up and running since March 2014 it has undergone a few changes but now is at last taking on some sort of form.
I buy all my plants from either of two French suppliers of Tropica plants and they have always been top quality but my only aquarium shops are pet sections in garden stores.

All your ideas on here should help me improve - I hope :clap:

Tank pics on the 'Then and Now' post.

Hi and welcome GillJay85.

I understand your situation entirely in France as I've just come back after 10 years in Savoie and the choice of stores here is... incredible by comparison. My local Botanics was my nearest store and although they had a fair choice, the staff were not overly interested (unless you were a guy and they could flirt with you - but I wasn't. I was the English girl speaking French and asking them awkward questions they didn't know the answer to). I usually ended up going much further afield - I'm sure it was Jardiland where I bought my shrimps and they were good quality.

Maybe you've found the same sites, but two that stood out and I used were www.floraquatic.com (the plants and tools I received from them were good quality, and quantity, well packed and they were always at the end of the phone if I had any queries). Also, www.aquascape-boutique.fr (I got a largish sized, yet relatively inexpensive, piece of redmoor from them which was fabulous and very carefully packed). I spent hours going through their individual pieces - so much so I might have a look now in fact to see if they deliver to UK!)

Bienvenue
Jackie

Salut et bienvenu dans notre fabuleuse communauté ! Ce site peut devenir un peut addictif hahaha
Tu verra tu apprendra tellement sur ce site, mais il faut lire lire lire et essayer d'appliquer (parie la moins facile)
L aquascaping peut être très frustrant (surtout la partie CO2), donc surtout ne baisses pas les bras.
Je vis au Congo et je commandes mes plantes et matériel chez floraquatic et Aquascape boutique. Se sont les meilleurs sites que j'ai trouver.

Est qu'on a droit à une photo de ton aquarium ?

Welcome to UKAPS

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Salut les francophones,

zanguli-ya-zamba, there must be some interesting aquatic plants in congolese ponds!

Yes there is some nice plants 2 years ago I was going often in the bush and was looking for plants.
But since two years I dint have the time any more !
You can see my journal about African rivers and some plants that I found.
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/african-rivers.23966/page-2

Regards

Hi and welcome GillJay85.

I understand your situation entirely in France as I've just come back after 10 years in Savoie and the choice of stores here is... incredible by comparison. My local Botanics was my nearest store and although they had a fair choice, the staff were not overly interested (unless you were a guy and they could flirt with you - but I wasn't. I was the English girl speaking French and asking them awkward questions they didn't know the answer to). I usually ended up going much further afield - I'm sure it was Jardiland where I bought my shrimps and they were good quality.

Maybe you've found the same sites, but two that stood out and I used were www.floraquatic.com (the plants and tools I received from them were good quality, and quantity, well packed and they were always at the end of the phone if I had any queries). Also, www.aquascape-boutique.fr (I got a largish sized, yet relatively inexpensive, piece of redmoor from them which was fabulous and very carefully packed). I spent hours going through their individual pieces - so much so I might have a look now in fact to see if they deliver to UK!)

Bienvenue
Jackie
Thank you Jaxpot, I use both Floraquatique and Aquascape and have found that, price for price, Aquacape are much better value even though they both supply plants from the same person.

I also had a problem sourcing reasonably priced CO2 accessories and then found CO2 Supermarket
What a lovely man Martin is and sooo helpful.
I buy my Sodastream 850g cylinders from GFE who send a returns label with an order for two refills. At 15 euros a recharge that is great value.

It's good to know so many Francophiles are out there.

Salut et bienvenu dans notre fabuleuse communauté ! Ce site peut devenir un peut addictif hahaha
Tu verra tu apprendra tellement sur ce site, mais il faut lire lire lire et essayer d'appliquer (parie la moins facile)
L aquascaping peut être très frustrant (surtout la partie CO2), donc surtout ne baisses pas les bras.
Je vis au Congo et je commandes mes plantes et matériel chez floraquatic et Aquascape boutique. Se sont les meilleurs sites que j'ai trouver.

Est qu'on a droit à une photo de ton aquarium ?

Welcome to UKAPS

Salut et je te remercie pour ton message en français. C'est super gentil.
Pour les photos voir 'From this to this' (Désolée mais je sais pas comment insérer un lien vers ce sujet :( Je vais prends des autres photos suite a quelques déplacements (encore!!) des plantes.
Bonne soiree a tous

Back