• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Pro 3 250T & lily pipes question

Hossman

Seedling
Morning Folks,

Bit of a newbie here, have heard conflicting opinions elsewhere and hoping some of you kind folks might be able to clarify.

I'm planning to use a 250T on a 450x450x300 tank with 17mm nano glass inlet & 17mm lily outlet, the flow should be sufficient right?

Im planning on setting up the following:
TMC 450x450x300 tank
TMC Grobeam 1500, mounts & controller
Eheim Pro 3- 250T (17mm Cascade glass nano inlet & 17mm Gush oPipe outlet)
Complete paintball aquarium c02 kit from c02art

Im hoping the filter setup will complement the other components, the built in heater and adjustable flow rate were a big selling point rather than running something inline, have heard horror stories...

Cheers for any input!
Hoss

Ah ok brilliant, I see a poster on there has both bit of equipment but lots of things in between:

"I use a 17mm Cascade Glass inlet from Aquarium Plant Food, one of the forum sponsors, very very nice piece of glass, very robust. I also have a mesh shrimp guard over the top of it. I also have lots of things between the inlet and outlet, one of which is an Eheim3 250T, I get two thirds of the filters rated 950l/hr output through a 13mm Gush O-Jet Mini outlet. The inbetween things are a Helix 9w UV, two sets of double taps, an inline UP Atomizer and a 20inch Watts filter housing acting as a giant fist to pulverise the co2 into the water, all of it on 16/22mm piping except when exiting the Watts where it is reduced at a double tap to 12/16mm pipe, 1m later it's out the 13mm O-JetMini. Tank Size 28L."

So why the outlet reduction size? To increase pressure for better flow?
I assume that because I will run c02 separately in my tank and have nothing in between that my water flow could be fine?

thanks you for the links :thumbup:

I used the smaller outlet because at the time I couldn't get a 17mm sized one. I haven't tried using a larger outlet as the setup works for me giving me crystal water out of the reactor (co2 @ 2g/hr) also my Emperor Tetras have a tendency to swim in the flow coming from the outlet and charge at it like a salmon leaping a waterfall, if they failed to dodge at the last moment they'd momentarily jam themselves up the spout, if the pipe were bigger they would have swam all the way to the reactor.

I used the smaller outlet because at the time I couldn't get a 17mm sized one. I haven't tried using a larger outlet as the setup works for me giving me crystal water out of the reactor (co2 @ 2g/hr) also my Emperor Tetras have a tendency to swim in the flow coming from the outlet and charge at it like a salmon leaping a waterfall, if they failed to dodge at the last moment they'd momentarily jam themselves up the spout, if the pipe were bigger they would have swam all the way to the reactor.

Thanks for the reply mate, glad to hear you're having success with the setup :) I've got less inline so I'm hoping for my tank dimensions I should be good :thumbup:

Back