• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Submersed Plants

ukjay

Seedling
Hello,

I have checked the search function, but I am not coming up with much - so I thought I would ask here.

I have been looking around for a good supplier of Submersed Aquarium Plants in the Rutland area (between Peterborough and Leicester), but all I can find are 'Emersed' plants on offer - unless I go to a local PAH, which does not usually fill me with confidence.

With the above in mind, would anyone be able to point me in the direction towards companies that sell good quality fully Submersed Plants, as I personally feel they will settle in better for a newbie without me having to worry about die back through CO2 starvation etc.

PS, I have read the thread about UK outlets, but I am still not clear on true Submersed Outlets.
Thanks in advance.

Jay

Last edited:
Thank you for coming back to me on this Greenmac, it is appreciated!

With regards to the Invitro plants - are these not also Emersed plants, as I was under the impression that Aquatic Gardens sell only Emersed stock?
Taking the above into consideration, when you received you plants - did you simply place them into an aquarium fully submerged, or did you follow the dry start method?

Thanks again.

Jay

Hello,
I have been looking around for a good supplier of Submersed Aquarium Plants in the Rutland area (between Peterborough and Leicester), but all I can find are 'Emersed' plants on offer - unless I go to a local PAH, which does not usually fill me with confidence.

Actually their plants (at my local PaH stores anyway) aren't too bad. I think they are from Tropica. Mostly easy to grow stuff though.

jay I just put them straight into submerged set up.(eleocharis sp. mini and staurogyne repens)

Thanks for the input to my questions everyone - it has been appreciated!

I decided to go with Aquarium Gardens in the end, and placed my order with them this afternoon - so hope all goes well.

Kind regards

Jay

jay I just put them straight into submerged set up.(eleocharis sp. mini and staurogyne repens)

Thanks greenmac

Will see how my new purchases go. I do expect some die back going into the submersed state owing to what I believe will be CO2 starvation short term, until the plants adapt to their new surrounding.

kind regards

Jay

Well, thought I would share my thoughts on the recent first delivery of plants in case anyone else was like me - hesitant to order on line without being able to see the stock.

Ordered my plants from Aquarium Gardens yesterday - received a call from them around 14.50 hrs same day as one of my selection was out of stock, so they asked if I would like to choose an alternative to then allow my parcel to be packed and shipped.
Had a knock on my office door this afternoon - and received a package that after getting it home, was what I can only say had high quality of stock and the packaging was what can only be described as very high standard.

I had some doubts about ordering on line - but not any longer, whereby I only hope I can do these plants justice and keep them healthy.

20150415_174613.jpg

20150415_174621.jpg

20150415_174631.jpg

20150415_174712.jpg

20150415_174735.jpg

Fingers crossed - as I say, hope I can do them justice.

Regds

Jay

Back