• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The other halves 60...

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
The other half was showing an interest in the tanks so I thought I'd embrace that and give her a shot at the 60 high tech.
It seems that she actually does listen when I'm boring her about hard scape composition and aside a few pointers she came up with this.
7ddfe453b731051d84428296dee0c61c.jpg
5b82dd12f0cde4e536e698b6d7eb9dd6.jpg

She also chose the plants and planted it while I did a WC on the 120... Suffice to say I'm quite impressed.

Plants are HC, eleocharis sp mini, Juncus repens and hydrocotyle tripartita.
You can probably guess her inspiration was tony Sweeney's iwagumi that graces the header logo.

Will add some planted images once the lights come on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks good Ian. So how long has your other half being doing your scapes and you passing them off as yours.? When my other half can make a good job of the fridge freezer and cupboards putting the shopping away in date order, I may let her do................a water change.!:D I'm not being sexist I'm just ocd and have a problem with tins and packet labels facing in different directions.:)

Looks good Ian. So how long has your other half being doing your scapes and you passing them off as yours.?
haha if she continues at this rate i might have to! I to stop showing her ipad pad games because she kept kicking my ass first go :mad:

I predict tanks all over the house Ian:)
already there :geek:

Very nice I'd say. Very good executed for the first scape. I bet you're very pleased. So, how long till your half decides to participate in IAPLC then? :)

Been a while... Tanks had a few trims by shaky novice hands which gave me great enjoyment to watch. It's now stocked with 8 Kubotia raspora, 5 CPD, a pair of rams and a couple of African banded barbs on snail duties before moving to the big tank.
It looks good so far, loads of pearling but juncus repens slow to recover... All crappy iphone pics.
fd1e80d7df9ae9cb3a95c6d276747c3a.jpg
87a38786480e57d2ca0eeccf6cd0d41c.jpg

Only other interesting thing is that my 'amano' shrimp have bred.. Counted 20 odd :)
84cfaa68a4f015027b277f0b87593633.jpg
0d77cd119a46ffc8a28f16725242b879.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is looking great iain. Wish my plant were doing so well, if my plants haven't grown whilst I've been away camping I'm shutting ours down.:D Amanos having srimplets? Have you done something special to the water.? Salt etc.

Only other interesting thing is that my 'amano' shrimp have bred.. Counted 20 odd
this has also been my experience in past tanks, if there are enough zoes released, some survive

I've been waiting for this update :nailbiting:
Congrats to your "other half" - like her fish choices too!

Thanks guys, I really have very little to do with this tank aside feeding and ferting so the credit is all hers.

Nothing done to the water for the amanos, it's happened to other people before, I believe they are a different species that don't have a larval salt water phase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back