• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline co2 mist

If you wouldn't like to see the mist you should use a reactor instead of an atomizer ;)
bear in mind that if you go with a reactor your output flow from your filter will drop significantly. I have lots of experience in this area. I have recently stopped using my Up inline and bought a Sera Reactor. Yes I got a nice clear tank but not long before I had a massive BBA outbreak and my filter is a 1450lph output on my 180 litre tank. My output flow was not high enough in fact I should have had 2 of these filters but sadly I don't have the space or money etc

i have an up Aqua co2 inline diffuser hooked up right after the output tubing starts and I increased the bubble count today and I noticed a big mist coming out of my output lily pipe. I just wanted to check with you guys who use inline diffusers to make sure this is right. whenever I look at pictures of high tech tanks I never see a co2 mist? It's very fine bubbles it's not a big deal but after I i redid my tubing on my Eheim filter I put the diffuser right after the filters output I thought that would reduce the mist I guess?
It's often referred to as the 7Up effect

So i actually recieved my sera 500 reactor couple days ago and its been incredible. With my old up aqua inline diffuser i had to switch it out every month or so with a clean one and it required alot more bps on my 190 liter tank. There is indeed reduced flow out of my eheim 2073 but i also have a hydor koralia 240gph powerhead which is giving me a perfect amount of flow. I also have a hydor inline heater installed too keep in mind. So far so good im ooving this reactor im really impressed.

You def have to watch the flow. I bought the Sera 1000 model for my 180 L tank, but suffered greatly with BBA as I had ignored the golden rule of x 10. I would have needed a very large filter to power mine so now I am left with two choices, 1 buy a more powerful pump and plumb it in standalone or 2 sell it and raise some money............. At this moment in time I am considering selling it. At least can spot any dead sppots with my 7up effect and the inline is easier to clean but I do have my tank in a weird place so everything is always a pain to get to

You can always think of the benifits. You can see the reactor is working. You can see were the CO2 is going in the tank and if there's dead spots.
I 100% agree and belive that I have also said the same thing - Great minds think alike

This is it with lights on right now. Lavly mist.:D
3ead42f620fb77b03d7faf653d4ad774.jpg
But I have mine cming out of the spray bar so I don't it that bad

Not tried a spraybar on this set up yet, alot of people have great results that way. It would have to be a very nice glass one though if I go for that method.

Not tried a spraybar on this set up yet, alot of people have great results that way. It would have to be a very nice glass one though if I go for that method.
have a look at the pics in the link in my post #6 on page 1 of this thread theres plenty mist in there
pest snails are a pita with my glass spraybar they get stuck in the holes acrylic one with less but bigger holes would be better

Yes there was a drop in flow with my sera 500 and i renistalled my nano koralia powerhead and ive noticed great changes in my tank. Everything is growing verylush for the first time and for the oast couple of days ive been considering switching out my lily pipe for a spraybar that came with my eheim 2073. Not so sure what im gonna do yet reason being is right where my lily pipe is some of the flowcis blowing directly onto my one rotala bush which is making that one plant blow in the water which has been an annoyance.

Back