• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

4 Channel auto doser

I couldn't find them either, not pretty things the TMC vales. How about these from CO2 Art, they're gravity activated

CVG00101.jpg

Paulo are you getting one? im looking to buy one
Not at the moment, I have built a couple of pumps with 4 rollers,just like how this one looks nice and tidy and you can dose multiple things into the tank, micro,macro, LC, extra iron? works well with 4 dosers. Need to buy a new tank first :)

Not at the moment, I have built a couple of pumps with 4 rollers,just like how this one looks nice and tidy and you can dose multiple things into the tank, micro,macro, LC, extra iron? works well with 4 dosers. Need to buy a new tank first :)
oh nice! any chance showing us how its made I like doing diy stuff lol

Hi all. I just got my pump and will be installing it soon. Could I use polyurethane tube for this purpose? Normal 6mm tube seems to be very soft and too flexible. I'm a bit scared it may fold somewhere and get blocked. Cheers

I just used 4/6mm PVC tubing on mine. No had any issues of "folding" as tube is quite tough.

Well what ever my tube is not had any kink issues, maybe PVC is stronger.

Below are pics of the two ends of the system.
DosingPumps_zpsb65f58db.jpg

DosingPipes_zps76da39f4.jpg

Hi Konrad, I can't see a problem with you using polyurethane tube, ultimately it will only be carrying a salty water. I used beer line as this is too stiff to kink. I also put a small amount of ptfe grease onto the silicone tube inside the pump head to guard against the mechanical stress of the bearings operating against the tube. This has not affected the operation of the pump and I have read that is indeed a recommended addition to some of the larger peristaltic pumps.
Here a link to some of the type of tubing that I used.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111110659749

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've just had the 2 pump version delivered for my new tank. The pumps are 3 blade and the contact surface is about 200 - 220 degrees so I doubt there is any need for one way stops to stop back flow

Back